1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bumpbuster Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johnt34, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnt34

johnt34 TS Member

I have had a Bumpbuster with the pad adjuster installed. I just noticed recently that after about 4 outings the pad adjuster worked loose even though I do up the little screw tightly with the long handled allen key provided. Looks like not enough friction between the 2 metal plates.

Have any of you Bumpbuster users experienced this & what fix have you tried that worked? I do drop the pad quite a bit so it does reduce the area of metal to metal contact.

regards,
    johnt34

2. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Call Ken.

I don't have the recoil reducer but Ken did install the adjustable butt plate on a Citori I have. He has had to replace the rough surface that is applied on mine one time to prevent your problem. Mine wasn't slipping as you describe but the surface film "bunched up" in one place. BTW, I, too have the pad lowered all the way down and canted a bit.

His comment when I showed him the surface film bunching up was, "That shouldn't be," and he fixed it while I waited. No charge.

Good product, good guy, great service.

HBT

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

John, it shouldn't be" metal on metal" . Is the piece of non-skid material between the plates missing? Send me your address and I'll be glad to send you a new piece to put in it.

Ken Rucker

4. johnt34

johnt34 TS Member

Thanks Ken. All the photos of Bumpbusters I have seen looked like it was "metal on metal" so I thought that was just the way it was meant to be.

I have emailed you my address in Sydney, Australia.

I attach a photo of the unit installed on my Miroku (Browning Citori in USA).

Thanks & regards,
    John

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I just replied to your email.....the fix is on it's way!!!!!
    Ken

6. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Folks,

Now that is service! I have had Ken do work for me in the past. He provides great service, and a man of his word.

Matt Woodson - Woodson Enterprises

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Why, thank you, Matt!!!

Ken

8. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

My advice was to call Ken. Ken didn't even wait to be called. Like I said good product, good guy, great service.

HBT

9. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

I have a bump buster and love it.. Ken this shows you stand behind your product. Bravo........ Corey

10. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

John, sent your package by Priority Mail yesterday......
    Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.