1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bumpbuster/Gracoil

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rexxon631g, Mar 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rexxon631g

rexxon631g Member

Well I made my mind up I was going to have a Gracoil or Bumpbuster installed on my BT-99, so I called Gracoil on Thursday and spoke with a very nice lady and said she would pass along my questions to someone else and they would call me back that afternoon.
    Well no call back, no word back from them at all, I guess they are to busy to take my money, so I called Ken at Bumpbuster, to my complete amazement Ken himself answered the phone, answered all my question, was very helpful. Needless to say my stock is now on the way to Ken. I like his way of doing business. I really do not like having to beg people to take my money.
    Thanks everyone for the comments on this site it also made it easier to choose.

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Good choice.

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I have been happy with the bump buster. Ken did a good job

4. Bob Farne

Bob Farne Member

A real gentleman and true craftsman. Not only that but quick turn-a-round.

Viva Ken. Hope the heart is beating well.

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Ken is the best, as is his product and workmanship.

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the positive comments!!

Ken and Carolyn Rucker

7. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Ken is the best in the business. you can't find anyone that is more caring about your gun or that will work any harder to make sure that you are hapy with his product. Ken, hope to see you in April, You and Carolyn take care.

Bob n Donna

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Another vote for Ken (unless I can vote 2 or 3 times) I was given a similar unit that I thought was his but it wasn't working, so I called to ask questions and as per rexxon631g Ken himself answered the phone and all my ????s, (Turned out to be a different brand) even though he didn't know me and knew that I didn't buy it from him. If I do buy you know where I'm going to spend my money. Ross Puls

9. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Another vote for Ken! Good stuff! Good work! Great guy!

Pat

10. 525Shooter

525Shooter Member

Can you please provide Ken's contact info or website??

I am looking for a recoil reduction device for my XT.

Thanks!!

11. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

We're at the shop in San Antonio - M-F 8:30-5. Web address is above.

Ken

12. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

another vote for ken, had him install a bumpbuster on my bt99, very very pleased.........dk

13. Concrete200

Concrete200 Member

Sorry but I feel like I need to speak up for Gary and Tracy and all the other great people at GRACO. They have always been great to work with on every thing I have asked them to do. I coach a High School Trap team and they have done worke on several of my kids guns. Even with a 2 week backlog they usually get the kids guns turned out the next day. Heck, I have even seen Gary (the owner) skip his last box of an event to help someone fix their gun. If anyone needs help on a gun at our club he will be the first to try and get it up and shooting - even if it means he has to drive 30 minutes back to his shop and get a part.

I'm sorry I can't explain what happened on the phone call - maybe she transposed a number when she wrote your phone number down. But you are right about one thing - I do have to beg him to take my money sometimes. He'll just smiles and says catch you later...

Dennis

14. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Comparing Kens product to a Gracoil is like comparing a Ford Pinto to a Lexus.

The Gracoil folks are nice people and you must have caught them at a bad time but people are one thing and the product is something else. You won't go wrong with anything Ruck does.

I can say that, as I once owned the first adjustable comb that Ken ever cut! That bugger may still have the model 12 I traded to him to get it and the Remington 1100 his comb was attached to! Jeff

15. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

How are they different? Function? Price? Advantages/disadvantages?

16. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

When two good people are compared so critically, well, the mix can cause only hurt feelings and misinformation. Are we not all in this together? I mean one missed phone call and a person is a villain? Hmm, if that's true, many of us are big time villains, self included.

I'm admittedly in a self-rightgeous mood this am; but then again, I am almost perfect. (yeah, suuuureeee!)

17. rexxon631g

rexxon631g Member

Not complaining about the product or the person who answered at Gracoil but the one phone call they missed was mine and thats the only one I care about, the rest of them are none of my business. I was only saying that I like it alot when the owner of the business picks up the phone ( no automated directory) when people operate like I do it makes me more inclined to give them my money.

18. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

I have used Graco for work and for their products and
    am very satisfied with their service and work.

Arnie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.