1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bumpbuster Comment........

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hauxfan, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

While I was at the Grand, I had Ken Rucker put one of his Bumpbusters on one of my backup guns. A TM-1 Perazzi........

It didn't really kick all that much before, but now........wow....no kick at all.

I told Ken that if it wasn't for the noise, I wouldn't know the gun had gone off.

Simply amazing.

Since I'm from Iowa, I did have him make it in Hawkeye Gold & Black! Looks neat! Go Hawks!

And no, I don't have any pics yet.........maybe one of these days........

I would highly recommend one if you are thinking about any type of recoil reduction system.

Hauxfan!

2. Hauxfan

Sure looks like it. Just think of gold where your's is green and you've got it.

It looks like you've been grinding a little bit on the top of the pad.

The Hawkeyes are a puzzle to me right now.

I'm not expecting to much from them as they still have Jake Christianson down as the No.1 quarterback and I don't think he's all that good, and Coach Ferentz likes to stick with certain players even when they should be benched for not playing up to par.

All I can say is.........hopefully I'm wrong, but the 19-17 record for the last three years speaks volumes.

Hauxfan!

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

What makes the Bump-Buster so different from the other various manufactures of recoil devices? Is it more efficient? If so, how did you come to that determination?

I'm not suggesting it's not better. I would just like to know why it's better?

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

shot410ga,

Maybe I can help a bit here. The BumpBuster is a oil dampened recoil system. It's rebuildable and light weight. Ken has a lot of experiece with all the recoil systems on the market and decided he could do better. The system is as good if net better than the RAD without any of the drawbacks that come along with it, weight, limited pad adjustments, overy complicated. Ken's system has all the good with none of the bad. The only system that absorbes recoil aswell or better than the Bumpbust is a PFS. The one big drawback of a PFS is the long travel and the BumpBuster doesn't suffer from this.

Ken has hit a homerun with his Bumpbuster!

ec90t

5. Hauxfan

Thanks ec90t, it's plain to see that you have quite a bit of knowledge about it. More so than I.

Ajax, As for adding weight.........If it does, I hadn't noticed, but I'm sure it has added some. I'd be surprised if it is more than 8 ounces.

I'm sure Ken will see this thread sometime in the next day or so and can answer that better than I can.

Like ec90t said, Ken has himself a winner with this BumpBuster.

As ec90t said, it's long travel is one of the things I didn't like abut the PFS stock. With the BumpBuster, you don't have that.

Hauxfan!

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Ajax....depending on wood density and pad selection, the pad adjuster model adds 10 to 12 ounces. The model without the adjuster adds 6 to 7 or so. A lot depends on the outside contour of the stock, thickness of the current pad, selection of the new pad, etc.

The poularity of the Bump-Buster is growing daily. Units installed in just over a year is approaching 500....I did 23 installations at the Grand. Please go to the site above to see comments from shooters.

Also, it will be featured on the Shooting USA Sighting In show on the outdoor channel in late Sept.

Thanks to all for your continued support.

Ken Rucker

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Ruck, I have been trying to get inot your website for a couple days and it always detours me to a blog. ????

9. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Ken:

Mine may have been among the first of the 23 you installed at the Grand. I dropped off my gun early on Wednesday of preliminary week. You called that evening to let me know it was done. Talk about a quick turn around.

I've shot a RAD on another gun since 2000. I have no complaints about the RAD except the hassle of adjusting it. Your Bump-Buster does everything the RAD does and it is orders of magnitude easier to adjust the pad and LOP. You got a winner!

sissy

10. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Cigar....the blog IS my website.....much easier to update and maintain....

Ken

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thx Ken, I was wanting to review prices but didn't see any, I will look further

12. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Ken; Glad to see you made it home. I was in Waterloo and heading northeast when I remembered that I hadn't settled our final bill!!!!!!!! Let me know so I can mail a check. THANKS AGAIN for your good service and reasonable prices. ............merlyn..........

13. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Scroll down til you see the picture of the red, white and blue unit on an Axis deer hide....the prices are in the write-up below it. I'll have Leslie add a header to click on that will bring up a price list for all my services. Hope this helps!!

Ken

14. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

OK, Help please. What is the website or blog address?

15. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

http://www.speedbumpstockworks.com

Ken

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Maybe clickable? Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.