1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bump ribs ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chovyman, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chovyman

chovyman Member

Hi guys been surfing around and still trying my comfort point in my bt-99 pretty happy with it has a monte carlo stock 32/34" barrels.

Whats a Bump Rib and is it useful? looks like a 9" add on the end to raise the front sight.

if im right and may not be it lowers the poa?

thanks
    Michael in so.cal.

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Michael, You raise the comb to match. I found 9" to be too short, if you look at pictures, they seem to be about 40% to 1/2 the barrel length. I gave up on that experiment a couple of years ago because of eye issues. Good luck and have fun.

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

A bump is a small piece material with a small bead attached. This is placed over or in place of your your mid bead. This device is used, assuming you have an adjustable comb when the comb is raised to raise the poi. The bump closes the gap caused between the front and mid bead when you raise your comb. Depending how high you raise your comb, will determine how high or thick the material needs to be to close the gap and create stacked beads.

A short or stub rib is different than a bump. Any time you raise your poi, you will need to raise your comb height, either with an adjustable comb or adding material to the combs top. You can do this with a Wrapped Comb www.wrappedcomb.com or taping something combs top to raise it. This alone will not raise the poi if the add on rib is parallel to your existing rib.

Check out Keen Sites web sight.

Surfer

4. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Are you thinking of something like this??

[​IMG]

5. victoria K

victoria K Member

victoriak_2008_03037.jpg

Here are our bump type ribs the top one is a fixed add-on and the lower silver one is an adjustable add-on before its powder coated. Because all our ribs are custom made for each customers needs, you would just let us know how long you want it and where you would like the beads installed. if you have any questions just give me a shout Thanks Vicki Keen 661-873-7162

6. chovyman

chovyman Member

thanks for all the help Victoria ill be giving you a call Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.