1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bump Buster

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by coaching, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coaching

coaching TS Member

I just got my new Bump Buster back from Ken Rucker. It does everything he said it would. Had a counter coil in before. This unit works smoother and has way more adjustment. Thank You Ken.

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

You're very welcome!! I've installed just shy of 40 of these units in the past 5 weeks and am getting many good reports on the peformance. There are some new pictures up on my website for everyone to see. I'll be in Sparta for the entire Grand and will have plenty of BUMP-BUSTERS with me to install. I've also added the capability of installing it without the hydraulics so it can be used as an adjustable lop buttplate that is upgradeable in a matter of minutes to full recoil reduction status at a later date, if desired.

Ken Rucker

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Ken
    Have fun at Sparta. I will be contacting you afterwards to see about getting your Bump-Buster installed on my Ljutic. Interesting thing I just spoke with Gra-Coil to see if they could add the recoil reducer to their existing LOP adjustable buttplate on my gun. They can't.
    --- Chip King ---

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Sure thing, C.K.........my system is designed around a common family of parts. That allows me to stock fewer seperate part numbers, while making it very versatile. As far as the unit itself is concerned, the conversion from an LOP buttplate to a BUMP-BUSTER recoil system takes less than 5 minutes.

Ken

5. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

And the price installed would be??? Rick Gibbs Kolar trap combo stock.

6. coaching

coaching TS Member

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ken, Why would your system work better than a Gracoil or countercoil? I'm seriously looking for a recoil device for my K-80. I've had the other 2 and wasn't impressed. Either too stiff or too soft. Cost installed?

8. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Two people interested in a price quote... Help please! I don't know about the other fellow, but I am going to be at the GA and maybe would like to schedule an appointment. Rick Gibbs

9. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I don't normally quote prices on here, but......the model with the pad adjuster is $400 installed, Kickeez pad included. The non pad adjuster model is $360. Both have adjustable tension and adjustable LOP. I'm packing for the Grand right now. There's one in my K80 you can shoot. Thanks for the interest!!!

Ken Rucker

10. jerry chipman

jerry chipman Member

Is there enough recoil reduction in any of these type reducers (Bump Buster, RAD or GraCoil) to make a differnce and if you pull the gun in too tight are you going to collapse these systems anyway? Is there any sure fired way to make a break open gun shoot as soft as the auto loaders. I've tried the PFS and others and I just don't care for them. I know weight will help along with lite loads (7/8oz) but I want the most recoil reduction with the max legal trap loads. Jerry

11. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Jerry, the system has to be adjusted so your normal mount does not collapse it. Mine and most others will do this.

Ken Rucker

12. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Ken, save me a pad for Audrey's gun. She wants you to put a new pad on it for her. She has the thin one. we will be there Friday late so it may be Sat. before I can get it to you. See Ya in Sparta.

Jimmy

13. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

You got it, Jimmy!

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bump buster lop buttplate

bump buster with adjustable lop