1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bump-Buster vs Rad

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jrb100, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrb100

jrb100 Member

I would like to hear opinions on the Bump Buster.I had a rad 1 on a bt 100 that I sold last year,and was wondering if the bumpbuster is any better.I am looking to put it on a Y model 12 monte-carlo stock.The rad did a decent job on recoil and Greg Hissem did a great job with the install,I am just curious if the bump buster is any better before I decide which way to go.

thanks,
    joe

2. coaching

coaching TS Member

I have tried just about all of the systems and the Bump Buster is by far the easiest to adjust, the cleanest in appearence, and the most effective. You can't go wrong with it. Ken Rucker has installed more RAD reducers than anyone and only wanted to make a better product which I think he did. Try one you won't be disapointed.

3. jrb100

jrb100 Member

Thanks for the responses.I will talk to him tomorrow.

joe

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The one part that wasn't addressed is the fact that Ken's Bump-Buster weighs about half of what a Rad does. The addition of a Bump-Buster won't greatly affect the balance of your gun.

ec90t

5. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have seen and held the Bump Buster, a really nice piece of work. It moves smoothly and has adjustment that you can tailor for your gun and loads.

Ken Rucker is an innovative craftsman and will treat you fairly. He recently has begun powder coating parts for more durability and some choice of colors.

Speedbump stockworks has a website at:
    http://www.speedbumpstockworks.com

Website shows his cell #903-815-6535

Don Rackley

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Don't they both use the same hydraulic cylinder? It would be a matter of which design one liked best.

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

jerryp,

I'm not sure if they use the same cylinder, but what part of the weighs half as much didn't you understand?

ec90t

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Sorry for the problems in contacting me....I'm hunting in west Texas and don't have cell service....email me and I'll reply after the 15th. Thanks!!!

Ken Rucker

9. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

400.00 installed. I heard him tell this to a customer while he was working on my gun. Roy

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

What happened, did the patent run out? Seems, to be a new manufacturer of these things every couple of month, all claiming to to be the new and improved verison of the Hydra-coil?

11. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

The Rad never had a patent. Anybody who wants to do it is free to copy the Rad and go into business for themselves. Jeff

12. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Actually, the only similarity between the Bump-Buster and the Rad is the hydraulic piston that they both use. Lop adjustment , pad adjustment, weight and general appearance are all different.

Ken Rucker

13. shotist

shotist Member

Ken,

What is the weight difference between the Rad/Rad Light and the "BB"?

14. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Ken think you can post a side by side of the 2? I have shot a few with guns with a RADII. they are great. Only other product I found to be as good is the PFS by vern. that is a lot more money. Which was the deciding factor for me. Sometime after Xmass I will be sending my stock out to you Ken. I may even send a few parts to be powder coated to mach, Thinking a dark metalic blue?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.