1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bump-Buster Sliding Comb Model

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hap MecTweaks, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Here's Ken's long awaited sliding comb bump buster felt recoil reducing wizard!

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view┬Ąt=DSCN0105.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view&current=DSCN0108.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

New Sliding Comb Bump-Buster is Here!!!

Here are a couple of photos of the prototype installed on a Model 12 trap stock. It provides easy adjustments for recoil reduction, pad location and lop. The comb hardware is fully adjustable for height and cast. The square slot you see at the rear of the comb hardware in the photo with the comb removed will not exist in the regular production units. My goal was to provide a system with the comb incorporated with the reducer to eliminate comb movement against the shooters' face, if that's what you desire. I wanted it to look as much like a conventional adjustable comb as possible. All of you who have been waiting for me to get this done may start contacting me Jan. 15 to place your orders. Thanks!!!

Ken Rucker....Speedbump Stockworks

Hap

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Thanks, Hap!! Did you get the other 2 emails from me?

Ken

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

You're the man, Hap!! Thank you for all your help.

Ken

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Cost installed? What if your comb is already cut?

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Preliminary figures are looking like $795 just as you see here. If your comb is already cut, it will have to be looked at on a case by case basis and, if doable, pricing may vary depending on the difficulty. Remember, this is for adjustable hydraulic recoil suppression, adjustable lop, fully adjustable thru-the -pad recoil pad adjustment and fully adjustable sliding comb. There are some stocks this system IS NOT going to fit; I'm compiling a list as of this posting. Thanks!!

Ken

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Ken the one thing I forgot to ask was how much weight is added to the stock. Jake

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

The Bump-Buster itself( pad adjuster model) adds about 10 ounces. I'll have to weigh the comb hardware and add it to that for a total, but it shouldn't be more than another 2.5 to 3 ounces.

Ken

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Captin, the PLUS guns are some of the ones that I have to check and see. The recoil unit definitely is an easy replacement for the factory unit; I need one to layout the sliding comb feature and see what is involved in making that part work.

Ken

9. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Okay, Captin. I'll need to get my hands on a PLUS stock for an hour or so. I'm trying to think if anyone close to me has one that I can borrow.

Ken

10. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I won't be at the Dixie, but I will be at the SW Grand in San Antonio.

Ken

11. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

ttt

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

13. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

How much wood needs to be cut from my stock to install the unit & maintain same LOP? When set at it's shortest LOP setting?

14. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

The Bump-Buster ( with pad adjuster) adds 1.7", using a 1/2" Kickeez pad. Subtract the thickness of your existing pad (and any other accessories on the gun butt from 1.7" and that would be what has to be cut off.

Ken

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

16. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    Hey Ruck!

Is this another one of the products, from the early morning WET THINK TANK with Mr. Finkle????????????????

Kevin @ 402-463-3415

17. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

LOL, Kevin!! I'm sure Roger would come up with some off-colr name for it!!!

Ken

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ruck, My K-80 has an adjustible comb done by Dave Berlet. I assume the dimensions of various cut combs is going to be your biggest headache. I also assume you will at sometime determine basic dimensions of cut combs that will or will not work with you system. Let us know how you will deal with that. I'm interested in your unit, but not sure how you can determine if it can work in my stock without taking it off and sending it to you? Sketch with dimensions?

19. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

It's a fact that it won't be able to be done on every stock because of the wood requirements above the stock bolt. Plugging the bolt hole partway back will expand the list of prospects, but still won't be a fix-all. The other issue is fitting it to a stock that already has an adj. comb. I'm exploring the options to get a baseline for the minimum requirements, but obviously it will have to be a "living document" as I don't have access to every possible stock all at once. As soon as I have enough data to make it worthwhile, I'll post it here. Thanks for your interest and your patience !!

Ken Rucker

20. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

up, please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sliding comb recoil