1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bump-Buster Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mark425, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Thinking about adding a Bump Buster to my C.G. and MAYBE considering a competitor. My questions:

1) How much wood will be cut off with the bump-buster to maintain the same LOP?
    2) Which other recoil reducer requires the least length to be cut from the stock.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

They all require about an 1" of wood to be cut off to maintain the factory LOP in their shortest (if they are adjustable for LOP) setting. Just give Ken a call and he can tell you about all of the different reducers as he's installed all of them.

ss

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

A lot things figure into this.....the thickness of you existing pad versus the pad on the reducer, whether the reducer has a pad adjuster or not, etc. If you tell me what you have and what you want to do, I can tell you exactly prior to cutting your stock.

Ken Rucker

4. valley1

valley1 TS Member

Ken sent you an email.
    Thanks
    Gary

5. bkms

bkms Member

Mark, I had a bump buster installed on a CG i had a few years ago and loved it. Probably a inch cut off but it was worth it. It kicked like a bb gun after it was installed. I would do it again if i ever get back into shooting alot.

6. bkms

bkms Member

Also, if you want to see what it looked like on mine. Go to shotgunworld and look at the CG photo gallery on page 4. Look for the following:
    Magnus Grouse Sport Ltd.
    12ga, 32" with Speedbump Stockworks Bump-Buster and adjustable comb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.