1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUMP-BUSTER on YOU TUBE!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ruck, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

To see the recent SHOOTING USA segment on the Bump-Buster Recoil Reduction System, go to my website and click on the "Click Here to Watch Video" link, just above the top photo. Thanks!!

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Ken, that was great buddy!! You tamed the mule kick!!

Hap

3. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

Ken - I got my BT-99 Bumpbuster stock back from you today from the brown truck. Had a easy time installing and adjusting it. Could not try it out as we have been having 50-70 MPH winds since last night and the wimps at Leetown Gun Club cancelled the regular Thursday practice trap.

Have also been dodging vinyl siding which is blowing all over the place. So far my house is intact, but not for three other neighbors. This mess is going to continue until tomorrow PM. Hopefully it will get nicer over the weekend and I can start trying it out. I think I'll hide the Allen wrenches for a while to avoid the adjustment tweaking temptation.

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

I surely dont want to critisize. the Bump Buster but after watching the demonstration on You Tube it looks just like a RAD system to me , Rad has the same type of piston and has 9 settings. Does anyone know the differance ????

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Sorry, but it looks very little like a RAD, Dr. Totally different lop adjustment, thru-the-pad pad adjuster and completely different hydraulics. I have installed over 700 RADs so I think I know.....lol!!! The Bump-Buster has 11 parts, the RAD 2 over 30. RAD warranty is 3 years; Bump-Buster is warranteed for the life of the original owner. Without MUCH improved hydraulic quality, I couldn't do that.

Ken Rucker

6. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Ken are you going to be in Tucson for the grand next week?

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

No, I won't get to make it. Sorry. I will have the San Antonio shop open for the SW Grand, however.

Ken

8. WarEagle2017

OK Ruck thanks for the eplanation, I have had a few RAD's and I thought that the spring did most of the work not the hydraulic unit, I have heard that the Bumo Buster was a very good product.

9. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Dr., all of the hydraulic recoil systems I'm aware of have a helper/return spring, mine included. The hydraulic piston gives you a range of adjustability and smooth, bounce free recoil reduction. The piston I use is of a much more robust design than the one in the RAD and provides a wider range of adjustment. It is made by the same company who provides recoil reduction devices to the U. S Military. The piston I use comes in 2 different pressure ranges and I have 2 different spring rates as well. This give me an extremely large range of capability to tailor the system to any need the shooter may have.....from very light recoiling arms to a .50 BMG. The Bump-Buster also has the shortest stroke of any system on the market .....total travel is only .20", making it exceptionally fast acting. I hope you find this info helpful. Thanks!!

Ken

10. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Not only is the bump buster a very clever design, but the workmanship in Ken's stock work (adjustable combs, recoil pads, etc) is absolutely first class.

He supports shooters by being there for us.

An absolute class guy.

Don Rackley

11. WarEagle2017

Well Don Rackley I must agree with you He obviously, took the time to explain the difference in His product in a way that even I understand, I may give the Bump Buster a try on My next Trap Gun.

12. jerry chipman

jerry chipman Member

Ken, do you have the Bump Buster project finished for the 391's. Jerry

13. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Jerry, looks like a couple of weeks and she'll be ready to go......and it's not just for 391's........it will fit the majority of gas guns available. Think about an 1100 with a recoil system with a pad adjuster and an lop of as little as 13 1/2"!!!! And that's without doing anything to cause functioning issues, like shortening the action spring.

Ken

14. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

15. jerry chipman

jerry chipman Member

I'll email you in a couple of weeks. Thanks, Jerry

16. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Okay, Jerry!! I'll have a post on here in a few days for the unveiling.......

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bump buster
bump buster recoil reducer reviews
bump buster recoil reduction

bump buster recoil reduction system

bump buster recoil system
bump buster review
bumpbuster recoil system
you tube shooting with the bump buster recoil