1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bump-buster Mounting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 101voodoo, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Just got back from Alpena, and my stock was waiting with a newly installed bump-buster.

In the process of adjusting the butt-plate, I noticed that I was compressing the buster a bit as I was mounting the gun. This tapered off as I got used to it. Didn't realize that I had been pulling the stock in so hard previously.

For those with the buster or similar device, my guess is that you mount the gun firmly, but don't compress the unit?

Hope to try it out this week or weekend, can't wait.

Jim

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

With stock mounted recoil reducers, you kinda have to just set the gun in your shoulder to get the most effect. This is what I had to do when I had a countercoil on a Citori, and what I have to do now with my PFS on my kolar. You can try to stiffen the unit up a bit, but whatever you tighten it, you loose in recoil reduction.

3. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Thanks,

Probably just need some trigger time to get used to it.

Jim

4. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Duke,

Ken called me (from his deer camp) when he saw my post and had me double check the adjustment. It was fine; I was just pulling the gun in too hard.

Finally had a chance to shoot it today, apparently I'm over pulling it in too much. After a couple of shots I didn't notice or think much about the buster again. Stock movement on the cheek was undetectable, but muzzle jump dropped quite a bit.

Definitely tamed the 3 dram 1 1/8s. One ouncers felt sort of 'smooth'. Not much noticeable recoil at all on those.

If the weather cooperates, I hope to try it out on some doubles this weekend.

Jim