1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"BUMP-BUSTER" by SPEEDBUMP STKWKS.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ruck, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

It's now official....the new "BUMP-BUSTER" recoil reduction system is ready to go into production!! I'm picking up the machined parts for the first 50 units tomorrow.....and should have hydraulic pistons here in 2 weeks or less. As I've said before, my system combines what I feel are the best features from several things that I install. It has the exact same excellent hydraulics as a RAD.....however, my design provides a more useful and larger range of recoil settings than the RAD does. It is capable of handling the recoil from the lightest .410 shotshell to your favorite safari rifle by doing nothing more than turning the calibrated dial with your fingers, making it a more versatile "one size fits all" system. It is adjustable for a length of pull range of 1 1/4" like the RAD 2, but does so the same way as a Gracoil ( by turning the threaded body in or out to the desired setting). It has the same clean installed appearance as a Gracoil. It is available either with or without a full range, one screw thru the recoil pad, pad adjuster. The pad adjuster is my own that I've been using for the past few years, and gives a larger range of motion than the ones on most recoil systems and is easy and positive to adjust quickly without removing the pad. The full feature system is several ounces ligter than a RAD 2. I can easily install one in place of any existing system such as a RAD, Gracoil, Countercoil or Isis that you may have now in your stock. All major components are easily replaceable and it comes with a life of the original owner warranty. Think about it....excellent recoil reduction and user friendly adjustability, factory installation, a lifetime warranty , neat appearance and VERY competetive pricing!!! What more could you ask for???.......Maybe the completed unit in a wide range of colors??...Already in work and coming soon!!.......A model with a moving comb(like the long-promised but never seen RAD 3)???......Already in the design phase and coming soon!!!
    Serously, I've installed thousands of recoil systems since starting this business. I've been the largest RAD dealer/installer IN THE WORLD for the past 2 1/2 years. I've installed more Gracoils than I can remember, and many of both Isis units and Countercoils. I've repaired them all as well and know what works and what doesn't. I have a 35 year Tool Design, Engineering Design and Production background prior to becoming "The Speedbump Guy", so I think I'm pretty qualified along those lines. Try a "BUMP-BUSTER"........I think you'll be impressed!!!

Ken Rucker

2. winselect

winselect TS Member

Whats the price installed on a Winchester Select Energy?
    Kevin

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

Post a picture of the unit. I would like to see what it looks like.

4. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Hey Bump,

You told me you were working on this, sounds like you are close!

For you folks who do not know Ken, he is one skilled guy who does some very nice work.

Heck, legend has it he used to join Boeing 747 fuselages together.

Don Rackley

5. JRWolf

JRWolf TS Member

Hey Ruck, congrtaulations!! Have not talked to you for a while. I cant wait to see your new device. Ken Rucker installed a countercoil on my Beretta and is one very taleneted individual. Hope to talk to you soon.

JRWolf
    Albany, Illinois

6. John Householder

John Householder TS Member

Damn Ken sounds serious. Johnny.

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

"BUMPBUSTER" by SPEEDBUMP STKWKS

I'll have pictures to post on Monday....of production units...and the 1st one will replace the RAD in my K-80 on Sunday, so we'll have pictures of an installation as well. I don't quote prices on open forums, so please email me direct for pricing. Thanks for all the positive comments.....and it's DEAD serious, Johnny!!! LOL!!!!!

Ken

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

OOOPS!! Forgot to add my email to the last post.....and remember, I won't have computer access tomorrow or Saturday. I'll be here all evening today and then back on Sunday. Thanks!!

Ken

9. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Hey Ken! Just wanted to say Thanks again for doing my gun on such short notice. You did a beautiful job.

To everyone else; I had the chance to see most of Ken's new recoil reducer and all i can say is; That is what will go on my K-80 if I put a recoil reducer on it. Ken has done 7 or 8 guns for me now, I think, and I swear his work just keeps getting better! LOL

See Ya at the State shoot Ken.

Jimmy

10. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

My pleasure, Jimmy!! You and Audrey tear 'em up in Kansas!!!

Ken

11. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

12. AvyMan2oo0

AvyMan2oo0 TS Member

Ken, I will admit that post sounds very professional. Coming up with a system better than the R.A.D will be a damn tough thing to do. It’s amazing that you come up with this better system for no longer than you've been wrenching on gunstocks. Almost too good to be true. But pushing that all aside... say this system is better than any other on the market, what makes me want to go to you to install the system. Do you have endorsements? All I have seen is shameless self promotion. #3.

13. SOLOR GUY

SOLOR GUY TS Member

Hope MR. BUMP A DE BUMP dont hurt his shoulder and elbow patting himself on the back.

14. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Do a search on here for Speedbump and read the endorsements...and , yes, I'll shamelessly promote my system. It's everything I say it is. I didn't come here to bash RAD or any other manufacturer, but when you do as many recoil reducer installations in a year as I do (over 300 last year) and service what you sell, you become familiar with repetive problems and, if you have the background that I do, you naturally see ways to improve on things. The RAD systems have undergone several changes in the past 3 years, many major ones were because of my direct input. Just because I have been doing stock work full time for 5 years doesn't mean that the other 35 years of education and experience doesn't apply.

Ken

15. Trucido

Trucido TS Member

Shot you an e-mail Ken...I might be interested in putting one of these on my 85TSS!

Thanks,
    Kyle

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thats great news Ken! I'm looking for a stock for you to perform your magic on! Hap

17. teleskier

teleskier Member

Ken

I sat here for several minutes in disbelief that two people would write such comments about such a fine stock person as yourself. I was going to reply with some choice words of my own to both of them on your behalf but your reply was written with a true southern (albeit transplant) gentlemanly tone. Good luck. I for one will give your unit a go with the next gun we buy needs one.

All I can say is that Ken has always treated me well and is more than willing to share his knowledge with me on many different subjects related to guns, shooting etc. At every shoot I attend people ask who did the fine work to my guns and I pass along his information. He has shared with me in several phone conversations the specifics behind his new device, the manufacture etc. None of you have any idea what has been transpiring with this project and what/who is involved and I am not at liberty to say. I sure wish if people did not have something good or nice to say or to wish someone well that they would just keep quiet for the betterment of this site.

It won't be too long before his unit is tops in the sport. Mark my words. Mike

18. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Ken Rucker is not only a great stock guy he is also a darn nice person in general. I can see that some of you do not know Ken as we do. That said, If Ken says it, You can bet the equity in your house that it's true. I have sent more people then I can recall to Ken for stock work and every single person has been pleased with the work and to count Ken as a new friend. Bash if you want but you are bashing one of the good guys. Jeff

19. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Ditto what Jeff said. I have never read or heard a negative comment about Ken or his work. He has done work for me several times to my complete satisfaction, and will do more in the future, I'm sure.

Mike, your comment about Ken being a "transplant" is probably wrong. Unless I'm badly mistaken, Ken is a Texas native who returned home after retiring from Boeing.

20. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

It ain`t braggin` if you do it!! Ruck ain`t braggin`. And what have YOU TWO done that we can read testimonials? I have NEVER seen a negative comment on here about Ruck`s work or service. And I have read a bunch of Ruck testimonials here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.