1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bum Shoulder Follow-Up - Nov. 21

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

My xrays were negative so I got an MRI yesterday with DYE! It was somewhat unpleasant. You know the ole Army needle, 8 inches long and square! : o) Will know what direction to go in next Wednesday. I just have a gut feeling that something inside is askew. All those who understand what shoulder pain is like can hopefully relate to me... uninterupted sleep for no more than an hour at a time, no shooting, wiping with your left hand, lots of ibuproffin etc.

Update 11/21. Went to the Orthopedic this am for his reading on my MRI last week. Diagnosis was a partial Bicep tear near the armpit. He pressed exactly where it is and I almost peed the floor. Everything else looks ok. Perscription is continued low impact exercise, ie. rubber bands and 5 lb hand weight about 3 to 4 times weekly. With rest and rehab it should repair itself. Whew.... no surgery, at least for now. No shooting for a least a couple more months then just a 20 or 28 gauge. Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving. Mine now will be a little more enjoyable.

blade819

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Really hoping they can get you mended up buddy

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Your MRI will show what is wrong. I've had my third shoulder repair and even I was beginning to doubt what I was feeling ... x-rays and other forms of diagnostic imaging don't always show the problem. The MRI will show what is up. For pain relief try some form of a NSAID and Tylenol Ones. Good luck. Bill Malcolm

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

"All those who understand what shoulder pain is like can hopefully relate to me... uninterupted sleep for no more than an hour at a time, no shooting, wiping with your left hand, lots of ibuproffin etc."

Absolutely! Going through all of that right now, including the wife poking me, and yanking the covers, because of snoring. Already had a weak shoulder from doing some backsplash tiling last week, then tried to lift the lawn mower deck when I was laying on my side to remove the chain lifts from the hook. Pop! That was the end of that. I have to say the wiping part is the most excruciating pain, but I have no options. I am absolutely not ambidextrous, when it comes to coordination on the left side.

It was getting better from putting ice on it for 1/2 hour then letting it get back to normal temperature by itself. Seemed to get rid of the swelling in the joint. That was until I forgot about the shoulder, and tried to throw out the extra sealer from the brush today. Woooowwwww!!!!

5. blade819

Ya know here we are bitchin about bum shoulders at age 65 and then I wonder about these poor kids coming home from war as amputees, sometimes double or worse. I gripe cause I can't shoot or have to wipe with my left hand. I should have my ass kicked for moaning and as a penance, I'll contribute again tomorrow to the Wounded Warrior Project.

blade819

6. high 2

high 2 Member

I've had both shoulders worked on. I do know what shoulder pain is about. Blade, you're talking about wiping with your left hand. All I could do was smear it all over. Had to take a shower after each toilet visit. Larry

7. blade819

high 2.... we're REALLY getting personal now! :eek:)

blade819

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Totally gross dude TMI....

9. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I am getting treatment at my VA. I sometimes have a little Pity Party until I see these kids. Then I don't feel so bad.

I am nearing the end of a good, long run, but the young heroes I see at VA have many challenging years ahead of them.

BTW, some of the old "Veteran's Administration" signs are still up at the Hospital.

10. bobr

bobr Member

Just had my left shoulder scoped about 24 hours ago. Fortunately didn't need a muscle repair but the Doc removed some bone spurs and arithitis. Actually feels better this morning than before the surgury. Did some PT exercises already this AM and believe I will be shooting before the end of Dec. I can only symphathize with High2. Fortunately am right handed.

BobR

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

blade the best thing I can wish for you, is that you get fixed up as well as my Dr did for me. Pain free and limited loss of motion. Be Well

12. blade819

I think the zilocane that the Dr. shot me with yesterday still has it a little numb internally for a lot of the pain is gone.

blade819

13. blade819

14. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Is there is a reason one arm seems shorter than the other?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.