1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bullys in the gun club get rid of them

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

bullys in the gun club get ride of them

First the "When did it become cool", then "More on respect to everyone", and now this. Copper, you sound like a 90 pound nerd that just spent some time at the beach only to have some brawny surfer dude kick sand in his face and steal his chick.

Handle it like a man and don't allow yourself to be intimidated!!

JMHO

Tron

2. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to come.

Just didn't think it would come from Tron.

Tron, thought you had much higher standards than that.

Bo

3. Tron

Higher standards than what Bo? I have very high standards, but very little sympathy for those that allow themselves to be intimidated. DO SOMETHING about it instead of whine! That's all I'm seeing, whine whine whine and constant complaining about how our fellow mans standards are not as high as our own.

Tron

4. Tron

Perhaps you're right Lit. In fact, just the other day I decided to try out this new club that I've been meaning to get over to. I walked inside, started unzipping my gun case and then this old guy behind the counter gave me a glare...scared the bajeezus out of me. I just left it at that....zipped my case back up and headed home. I'm not looking for trouble.

Tron

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I'll second what the Literalist just posted! I too am going to file a complaint and follow the advice copper just suggested.

There is a group of bigger older (55 plus) dudes who have been picking on some of the younger guys. They've been grabbing guys in the clubhouse and giving em "wedgies". Damn bullies!! They even "flushed" a guy who just turned 50, ain't that a hell of a way to celebrate your birthday.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I used to get bulley,,,,,laughed at my 870exspress. Then I got A XT now they just giggle. Really problem people need to be handled up front and quickly.

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Maybe if you got "rid" of them instead of "ride" them. If you tried to ride me I would get a little bullish. Quit going to gun Glub's as only bullies hang out at Glubs.

Go shoot and have fun. Tron grow up and be a true troll.

Don

8. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Tron,

You just imtimidated copper by calling him a 90 pound nerd.

I made the post I thought you had higher standards than that.

You think Neil Winston or Pat Ireland would ever lower their self to say something like that? Thats my point.

I really don't think David has made you Moderator.

Copper has some Threads I think interesting.

(ONE IS MANNERS)

PS.you have my email

Bo

9. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Hey Zarathrusta.....wanna come to Toledo and shoot Oakley's ?? I'll either call for you or BID to be your partner.

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Bullys can easily be put in there place and rude people are really just jerks and can just be ignored. The worst guys in a club are the one who constantly cause trouble by complaining and trying to set groups against each other. They are weasels and they are far more dangerous to a club than bullys and jerks. In fact, the only people more dangerous than weasels are club leaders who don't have the guts to kick them out of the club.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Man, this place gets weaker by the day.

Someone hurry up and start a knitting how to thread with illustrations.

HM

12. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I was wondering if GB theunloader would walk in and get counted. GARY on of the best builders ever, Maybe?

Six years ago when I decided I wanted to get into Clay target shooting, I ran into some at least standoffish, and fewer downrite RUDE people at the club.

a couple of years later after I had proved I can handle my shotguns safely, and am not that bad of person to be around, I am able to count the number of rude people on the extaneded fingers of a closed fist.

So maybe it is just we relax and play our games with tools that when mishandled are very dangerous, and until (I Had to also) you prove that you are safe sane and generally allright,

The attitude that everyone will prove themselfs to belong!

comes acrossed as RUDE!

So don't sweat it, come out have fun, and make the point that you can have fun as safely as anyone else, then ater the ice breaks and you are an old hand, you may be the warm friendly face that gets some more newbies past the intail what have I set myself up for, FREEZE!

Al

13. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I gotta support Tron on this one... an old dog isn't going to change his spots and if you're in the club - it is your club, so don't go toe to toe, but don't put your tail between your legs either. You paid your dues, you're entitled to be there and you expect something for your entertainment buck.

No one likes confrontation. If the guy's a schmuck let it roll off your back like a duck, but continue to sign up for rounds and shoot in spite of his poor behavior. If the jerk rachets it up a notch or two, then take it to the Board.

Jay

14. halfmile

Put the shoe on the other foot. I was on the board for 15 years and worked my ass off doing every imaginable duty that was needed.

Every few weeks some new guy would come around and try to re invent the wheel, telling us how to run things. My response was "We don't do that here".

I overheard one saying to his pal "who is that jerk?, anyone can see this is how it should be done".

So come back in a few years and tell me about rudeness. But first I want you to teach about 200 newbies to shoot, and fix about 300 trap machines, and come home late for supper about 50 times because you had to finish cashiering a shoot long after everyone else went home.

And show up early to open up. ( And make the food cause no one else will).

Poor baby, someone was rude to you. Pardon my lack of tears.

HM

15. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Yea, what halfmile said!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

16. spitter

Halfmile...

I've worn those shoes for years in one capacity or another and brother I share your convictions. An unfortunate aspect of Club operations is that the majority of club members will gladly take and take and take and then criticize. Running a public range, you should hear the occasion comments I hear from non-member know-it-alls.

But... I suppose none of us "leaders" do it for thank yous (which are few and far between). But I've found that every once in while you have to let the machinery screw up, much up the works. Traps are down, the doors open late or there's no food. It forces a few folks to step up and shuts up others.

Now, I'm not telling you something you don't already know, but for those numbnuts who think the've got all the answers... ya right!

However, all that said, even on my worst day, I try to be pleasant and thank everyone for their business - member or not. We're in the entertainment business, selling recreation - our customers can choose to go elsewhere.

Jay Spitz

17. halfmile

Jay, agreed. And teaching new folks was fun for me, etc.

I never was intentionally rude to anyone, but grown men should know enough to learn the manners of the tribe when they join.

when i first joined myself I was put off by a crusty old guy who later became a very good friend. He had been a Navy Petty officer and had a no nonsense way about him that may have been rude to some girlymen.

HM

18. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I was called a bully last month when I suggested we put a living room type atmosphere in our Skeet and Trap clubhouse. I told the guys we needed to have some place for the sporting clay shooters and us trap & skeeters to warm up when they come out of the woods. Some said it would/ could not be done because there is an attitude that people will b!tch about things and won't do anything about it.
    <a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/MultiLakes/?action=view&current=HPIM1276Small.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/MultiLakes/?action=view&current=HPIM1270Small.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Well after a call for furniture was put out, this is still a work in progress but some folks appreciate what's been done so far. I guess I'm not the bully after all.I even got a thank you from some of the older folks that enjoy the couch by the fireplace. Working on getting more furniture to make a larger area because now we have a fight to sit down. Oh well I guess it's a good thing.

We now have more people in the clubhouse after they come in from the cold and shoot more rounds of trap and skeet instead of just putting their gun away and going home.

The furniture bully... Jerbear

19. halfmile

Some Bud light in the Pepsi machine would be nice.

HM

20. spitter

Jerbear...

If that is being a bully... Bully Bully for you! Good idea. It takes passion to make things happen and move forward. That is a seating area I would enjoy taking advantage of with a roaring fire and a cup of hot chocolate!

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

get rid of gun club