1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bullseye

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sasquach, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasquach

sasquach Member

Does any one have any !oz. loads for bullseye powder? Have a good quanity that I would like to shoot up.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Too fast for shotshells. The Alliant website does not list a single 1oz load using Bullseye, and you'll likely find difficulty locating ANY shotshell loads using Bullseye.

From a little bit of research, it appears there may be some 7/8oz and 3/4oz loads floating around, but they are few and far between, and can be difficult to make fit in the hull properly b/c Bullseye is so dense.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Try the Hercules powder reloaders guide, they have about 100 1 oz loads listed using Bullseye powder. HMB

4. sasquach

sasquach Member

HMB-Is that available online? Allen

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Allen,

I typed it in on Bing and it said it was available on line. I'm using a manual from 1980 that has the loads listed. HMB

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

There is a good reason you can't find the Hercules powder reloading guide. Hercules no longer makes powders for reloading.

Stick with what is published please.

Bob Lawless

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Still making smokeless powder, name changed to Alliant powder company. HMB

8. sasquach

sasquach Member

Bob- I'm well aware of the Hercules-Alliant history.

HMB- I don't seem to be able to find the manual you refer to. Do you have a copy of it? If so is there a load for Win. hulls and wads that are available today?

9. Bama73

Bama73 Member

Reloading for Shotgunners by Rick Sapp lists several 1oz loads for Bullseye powder. Win hull, Win primer, WAA12 wad, 17.5 grains bullseye, 1oz shot, 1200fps @ 9900psi for all Winchester components.Also has data for 12SO, 12S3, Large Uniwad, PC Purple, Remington R12L, Rem. RXP12, WAA12F1, and Windjammer. All are 17.5-18.0 grains, 1200fps and range from 7300-9900 psi. If you want specific data for either of those combos lemme know and I'll type it out as well. All data is with AA hull and Win primer.

Now as a disclaimer use this data at your own risk as I merely copied it from this particular manual. The manual is available from Amazon.com as that's where I bought this one.

Jerry Coy thanked this.
  10. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

I just shot a bunch of the 17.5 g load with 1 oz this weekend. Worked great. Nice and light and worked good in the 35 degree temp. I used a Fed 209 primer and silver Winchester wad. AA hull. I've got 5 more pounds and plan on shooting it up this winter. JW

11. sasquach

sasquach Member

Thanks guys. That is what I was looking for.

12. notarget

notarget TS Member

My 1992 Hercules manual lists 1-OZ loads for Federal, Remington and Winchester hulls using Bullseye. As far as I know Alliant is still using the same formulations we used at Hercules.

13. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

here y'go ... I love Bullseye.

[​IMG]

14. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Yup, obviously from the Alliant website. Bullseye should be an excellent powder for 7/8 and some 1 ounce loads.

15. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Learn something new everyday.I would of thought Bullseye would be way to fast for shotshells.

Darr

16. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Bullseye is only one step faster than Red Dot among older Alliant powders. There is a powder burn rate chart on the internet that includes all powders, all brands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.