1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bullseye Powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ljutic111, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Does anyone use Bullseye powder in any of their 1 oz loads. It shows the burn rates are similar -- 8 for 700X and 9 for Bullseye !! I am satisfied with using 15 gr of 700X in most of my loads using a 408 bushing in my 366 , so if I do change to Bullseye , what would give the same FPS and chamber pressure . There is no chart for Bullseye in my paperwork . Been using 700X for 25 years but it is getting harder to come by is why I`m asking .

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I think I remember that burn chart. It's different from the others, normally Bullseye is a good deal higher up (where it belongs).

Use Red Dot; it's a standard replacement for 700-X.

Neil

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

The Hodgdon brochure has Red Dot at 6, Clays at 7, 700X at 8 and Bullseye at 9 . Seems to me Bullseye would be the powder of choice to change too since none of the others are available to us now . This could change in the next 2 weeks before our orders are completed .

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

I recall seeing some load data for Bullseye in very light 12 ga loads.

I think it was the Lyman No 4 reference.

Promo is a better alternative and less expensive too.

Don Verna

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

See other thread; pushed to top.

6. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Many of the shotgun powder that we typically use such as, Red and Green dot, Clays, Promo, Solo 1000 etc, etc are commonly used in pistol loads. Usually those loads use more powder than Bullseye for any given velocity.

Although I'm sure you can use it for shot shell reloading, I personally, would not until I had some hard data from the manufacturer.

Just going by burn rate charts is a dubious process, potentially inaccurate and unsafe.

7. IM390

IM390 Member

I faintly recall a load for AA with 15 grains of bulleye. It's recoil was like a BB gun and yet it did a nice job at 16 yard trap. Trouble was it was so expensive at the time. It was nice for beginner shooters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.