1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bullet mould?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Old Cowboy, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Any bullet casting guru's here? I'm starting to use a brand new RCBS double cavity bullet mould here......seems like the two alignment pins at the bottem must stick out slightly too far and the two halves won't quite close completely, can a guy just take a hammer & punch and drive those pins back into the block a little?

John C. Saubak

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I did that with one set of Lyman molds years ago. Worked fine...actually didn't have to hit it very hard at all.

I thought I'd needed to do that again a year ago on a new set of RCBS molds.

Turned out that my Lyman handles needed the holes relieved a bit so the RCBS molds didn't bind.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

John, you can move the dowels back, but when your done grab each half and try to wiggle bach and forth. Also check the block with the clearence holes for a slight raised burr around the edge of the holes.

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Thank's guys, I tapped the offending dowel pin back just a little and it closes good now.

John C. Saubak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.