1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bulk Lead Purchase

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smp005, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smp005

smp005 Member

Does anyone know where you can purchase bulk lead? I am pulling together a group of shooters that want to all order large amounts shot and am currently looking at 8-10 ton or so.

What I don't know is how to order that large a quantity direct....

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The region you live in would help. The closer you find a supplier the better.

Some will ship directly to a home, but usually require it be shipped to a business.

Beikirch's in Rochester NY ships lead on its own trucks, but I don't know if they will ship to a home address.

Gamaliel Shooting Supply is another that you can check with...

3. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

You're definitely going to want a fork lift available wherever you take delivery of that much lead. You're NOT going want to handle over 500 bags of shot a bag at a time, and you can bet the truck driver will not want to either. We don't have a fork lift at my business, and you should hear the truck drivers complain when we get in a skid or two of boxes where they have to cut the bands and shrinkwrap to handle the cartons one at a time! .....Rick

4. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Where are you located??

Eric

5. smp005

smp005 Member

I'm in Northeast Ohio.. Unloading is not an issue. We have the equipment to unload a truck and at a commercial location..

I sent an email to Mayco Industries (Lawrence shot) today but have not heard back from them...

6. On-Target Mining

On-Target Mining TS Member

I have my own reclaiming business, and am currently reclaiming lead shot in CA, but can ship anywhere in the USA. My lead is very clean and I can furnish you with as much as you want on an ongoing basis. I have shooters names & #'s who will verify the quality of my lead.
    Please give me a call @ 541-290-4746
    Thanks,
    Fred
    On-Target Mining

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Last month we were quoted $19.50 per bag, delivered, Lawerance brand, BUT, we had to order a truck load of 22 ton. Didn't happen.

8. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Guys, I put a thread on this site about a month ago and spent a bunch of time calling and checking. Unless you are going really big like the whole semi, I could not get it any cheaper then at Sportsmen's Den in Shelby, Ohio. They had it on sale for $20.95 in April with a five bag limit. They let the whole family have five bags each and I paid for them all so they weren't real picky about the five bags only. If you are in NE Ohio see how long it would take you to go to Shelby and do a road trip with the boys! They also set up at the Ohio State Shoot in Merango.
    Doug

9. smp005

smp005 Member

Yeah - $19.50 doesn't pay... if you buy 10 or more bags at Dawson's it's $21.50 per bag and 15 miles from my house..

The only way I could make it work would be to pick it up at the plant (a semi load) and haul it back but that means I would need an outbound load to make it pay....

Think I'll just pop down to Dawson's as always..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.