1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bulged Disc theriapy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joey S., Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey  S.

Joey S. TS Member

I have been using the inversion table for a few weeks now and it does seem to loosen things up when my lower back gets a litte tight (degenerative disk at L5-S1). I fully invert myself for aprox 5 minutes once in the morning and sometimes once in the evening. You never want to do it for more than 10 minutes. I also used to do crunches at the gym that I belonged to. They had a split bench that you would lie on. The bench was hinged so that you would could pull your legs to your chest via rollers at your legs and handels at your head. The whole bench would fold in half. You could also add weight to both the leg end and the head end as you got stronger. I found this exercise to help me tremendously ( you definetly want to keep your abs as strong as possible). Unfortunately the gym had closed a while back and I never joined another (something I'm planning to do in the near future). Good Luck, Joe S.

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I "ruptured" 3 discs in my lower back, about 5 years ago. The pain in both legs was unbearable, but surgery apparently was not an option. I had a series of 3 epidural (sp) injections in my spine and they fixed the problem. Since, I have been a regular at the gym. I work on overall fitness, lots of stretching, and two different ab machines. I also run on the treadmill and swim. What I have heard about the inversion machines is that they put pressure on the blood vessels in your eyes and can cause problems. Once you get beyond this problem, keep fit, keep your weight down and stay ahead of problems.

Good luck,

JON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.