1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Built own Trap Field

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I just finished my trap house and course layout, gas is too high to go anywhere so we decided this would be our vacation this year. My family shot today and grilled out very enjoyable family time for Memorial Day . I bought the old Western trap with 200 target carousel and this thing works great, looks like a old Gatlin Gun. Just wanted to share this with you guys that we can still have fun and have family time even though the Country is looking very depressing with all the Jobs leaving, Gas prices, Wars , tornadoes, Earthquakes, Fires , Drugs, Do I have to go on .... WE must keep God in our hearts and prayers and everything else will be alright.
    Keep on Believing : Ricky

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

any pictures??

bill

3. branwheat007

branwheat007 TS Member

Show us some pictures!!!

Brandon

4. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I will soon as I figure out how to put them on here... Ricky

5. traploader

traploader Member

You might try and extend the carousel on your Western trap if you have room to accomodate more targets. Just a suggestion.

Ian Brotherston Western Retro Products

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

When are we all getting the invitation to try it. LOL. Mike

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Ricky- Building your own field is great. I hope your family and friends enjoy it for many years. I would like to suggest the next step- throwing registered targets. It only takes three shooters to register targets and I bet you could develop a great group of family-friends at your range.

Pat Ireland

8. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

It might be just like owning your own pool table though, not much fun doing it by yourself most of the time. Only OK when the friends come over.

9. JDEERE

JDEERE TS Member

Blakester, I also put in my own trap and skeet field. Started out with the W/W but updated to a used pattrap so i could shoot doubles. you wont regret it. Enjoy!

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Friends who have built their own traps in Eastern Washington and Idaho, the wide open spaces, have had friends over for fun shoot/picnics - and developed their own mini-chain. Good time for the whole family.

After a while it may get a little boring just shooting with yourselves, as was pointed out, like shooting pool with yourself.

11. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

Well now I will tell you guys the Rest of the Story as Paul Harvey says . The money the Goverment sent us is paying for the Trap Field I was determened that China was not going to get my money so what better way to Invest in something we love to do. Now for you Bridetoofar If you think the country is in as good of shape as it ever was I do not want to be standing on a trap field with you with a gun, Just kidding. I know what you are getting at we always have to adapt to change so get ready for the ride . It is depressing . Mike I don't know you and don't know where you guys are from, but you are all welcome at my place anytime . I help coach our scholastic team and we have 16 shooters and we needed a place to practice when ever we could instead of waiting for the older shooters to quit . Ricky

12. mahrbeezer

mahrbeezer TS Member

Im so jealous!!! Post some pictures so i can really hate you!! LOL!! That would be cool to shoot registered targets in your backyard. Get some shooters in once a month and help pay for some expenses.

13. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I've just got to say that Ricky, you are one cool dude. Invests his own money to build a trap field so that the scholastic team he coaches can have a place to practice. This is a prime example of why shooting will always survive. You should be awarded a medal or something. You are my hero!

14. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

How much land does a trap layout require? Single trap.

15. traploader

traploader Member

Pick up a Winchester Western trap with our automatic doubles conversion and if you've got the land you too can have yourself an affordable home trap layout.

16. traploader

traploader Member

Shotfall zone is 300 yards. You'll need approx 600 square yards.

17. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

It doesn't cost that much to do, if you do all of the work yourself, I'm in the middle of building my second trap range here at the house. Be shooting on it this evening. My setup is the W/W with one of Ian's doubles conversions. I'll post pics when done.

Mr. Mark

18. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I know this is a differant subject but you guys have a good head on your shoulders , Ha ha . I am in need of a Wad Knocker to keep in my shooting vest would like some ideas that you guys use .... I'm using Homemade shot and I have a dud shell every once in a while. Ricky

19. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

Jack, I don't make my own shot, I'm buying it from someone else, but you give me a good idea with shot and PVC pipe and close both ends , Thanks Ricky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.