1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Building Trap Houses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bsekf, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsekf

bsekf Member

Our Club has a spare Win-Western trap and we want to build a CHEAP trap house. Anybody seen an above ground trap house? The roof would have to fold or slide to load the machine. Looking for ideas.

Thanks,

Bill

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I saw an above ground trap house in Florida at the Volusia County Skeet & Trap Club last January.

The land behind the trap house was raised to give the proper height for the pads.

If I remember correctly, without checking my notes, they had a water problem and could not dig down.

The link is a few photos I took of the club and the trap house. Some type of sheet metal used for the building.

http://losttarget.com/s/2009/0109volusia/

The club is 20 minute drive, if that, from the Daytona Speedway.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

In the past, way in the past, I have set targets in an above ground trap house. The walls were hay bales and the roof was a sheet of tin. The club ran 10 bird races from around 30 yards and the winner got a half pint of whiskey. That was great fun for me when I was 10 years old.

Pat Ireland

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A local Duck Club had a trap in a steel fabricated box, the lid hinged back to load.

I also saw a house made with a poured concrete floor that the trap sat right on with no base.

You still have to go down a bit, as the part where the target sits on the trap should be level with the firing point.

HM

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Let me put it this way, Build it right and don't be cheap. If you go the way of cheap and you wish to improve it in the years to come then you will be spending money twice. When I built my shop I watched Craigslist for block and I asked around for info on buildings being torn down. They cost me little to nothing per block. Your big cost will be the floor. The second cost will be the drainage around the outer wall. That is a must to keep the inside dry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.