1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Building a trap house at home need info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yendor12, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yendor12

yendor12 Member

1st
    I want to invest in making a nice trap shooting range at my home. I want an auto feeder for the targets with voice activation. So info is needed on what to buy, size of trap house complete. I don't need a 1000 clay target holder, 250 would be nice.
    2nd
    Field layout and grade information for placement of the house and cement field layout, 16 to the 27 yd line.
    My land has a little grade fall from shooters position to the trap house. I can make the grade level if necesary.
    Thanks you before hand on anything you can help with.
    Rod

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Ask the ATA office for blueprints, Rod. Once you get them, we can answer questions, but to try to tell you how without the diagrams would never work.

It can be done and we'll all envy you - at least I will!

Neil

3. capvan

capvan Active Member

Heck, I just want to know where you live...

capvan

4. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

If you were my neighbor I promise that I would never complain about the noise.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

my first range was a GP trap- holds 270- thats nice , so you can shoot 5 shooters-2 full rounds. i bot outers/ champion voice release. i got the blue prints from ata.

7. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will be working on the shooting stations this year. Don't want to use concrete $$$$. Probably will use hedge posts (same manner as landscape timbers) for border and fill with creek gravel. Cheap and fits our hillbilly style. Range info. is the best place for information.

8. yendor12

yendor12 Member

Thanks for the ideas and the link MK. Now can anyone tell me where to look for a good thrower to buy that can handle doubles?
    Rod

9. shotgnrox

shotgnrox TS Member

my name is vince I have several used mach. pat trap,s 1 winchester used single mach. give a call 813-277-6543

10. traploader

traploader Member

I build modified Western trap machines. Choose from a 270 (CS270) capacity singles automatic carousel or a 100 twin stack (DS100) that throws singles or doubles automatic. Machines are available in ATA or Continental/Wobble models. Available with personal voice activation. Call Ian at Western Retro Products for more information. 250-216-8937. Complete packages starting from $2495 plus shipping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

clay target trap house layout

clay target trap houses

clay target traphouse elevations

diy clay trap house

wha is the size of a clay target trap house