1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Building a Trap Field?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 635 G, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Take away the cost of land what would a reasonable figure be for,to build a trap field. The field would consist of 4 regulation trap fields with pat traps & a double wide for a club house. looking for a ball park figure. Will be looking to build in eastern NC.

Lou

2. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I built one this spring, and did it myself and bought used western trap with carosel and didn't pour my walks just used stepping stones and I've got $2000
    in mine. A Pat trap is around $6500 X 4 and trap house $2000 X 4 and your concrete walks around $1500 X 4 plus your lighting and the double wide ?????

3. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

ANY excavating required QUICKLY gets very expensive as well. A friend did a trap/skeet set up on his Ranch and quickly the dirt work got to be the major expense of the project.
    The other two cents I'd throw in is unless You are capable of laying it all out correctly I'd have a Pro come in to lay it out and check on the work from time to time. Even someone from a local club who has built a range, etc.

I've seen two privately owned ranegs and neither are up to ATA or NSSA specs.

FN in MT

4. clays

clays TS Member

About $15,000 per field if you do most of the manual labor yourself. This would pay for the trap and lighting, the concrete and other materials. but would not include land or clubhouse. and does not take into consideration any addtional dirtwork or other heavy equipment hire.

5. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

How about building permits, road access permits, electrical inspection fee, plumbing inspection fee, utilities hook up fee, water well, sewage, access control (fencing or such?), zoning permits, brush hogging or other land clearing, lead control/reclamation planning and probably a few other things i haven't thought of.

I don't know which of those may come into play in your area but around here just about all of them have been known to come into play on one project or another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

building a trap field

cost of building a trap field