1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Building a Krieghoff 32 combo with a K80 unsingle?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GiesJ, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GiesJ

GiesJ Member

After over 10 years of dreaming, I'm the proud owner of a circa 1970 Model 32 with K80 wood and a K80 gold trigger. It has matching serial number O/U barrels (32") that have been choked by Briley.

My question relates to making this into a combo with a standard rib, K80 unsingle barrel. I believe many guys do this but is it a good idea relative to sight picture of the two barrels? Will they be significantly different? I know the rib on the O/U is relatively low (not the Vandalia rib, and is lower than my 3200 I have been shooting).
    I'm just wondering for the guys that have done this - any regrets? Of course, I would prefer to have just bought a new K80 combo but that is not in the financial cards...

Any other pitfalls I should be aware of? I know that I will have to have the unsingle fit to my receiver. Finding a 34" barrel with factory chokes has been a bit of a challenge or the barrel is more $$ than I paid for the entire Model 32.

I appreciate the input and feedback,

2. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

Try shooting a gun with a uni-barrel first.I bought one and I just can't get use to it.I use my top single barrel,no problems.There not for everyone.If you decied you have to have one,I'll sell you mine at a good price.It's the low-rib one,what you need,fixed choke,full. RayB

3. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

I have the same setup but with the Vandalia Rib on the O/U. The unsingle is fine but I do have to lower the comb one biscuit (a 1/16 I think) for the O/U. The top singles will likely fit just fine but you need to shoot them and see what you like. I have an unsingle that was made by cutting the top single off and Simmons installed a rib on it. It shot just like the O/U but was not adjustable. I would also highly recommend the Krieghoff fixed full choke, no tubes. It will smoke targets and the pattern is unreal. That and the triggers and you know why everyone likes them.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you change your mind about the unsingle I have an early fixed full choke top single for sale. $975 shipped. Bulge.

5. GiesJ

GiesJ Member

What didn't you like about the unsingle? I've shot a few rounds with one and enjoyed it. I'm currently shooting a low rib 90T though.

Any other feedback?

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Every one is different I shoot top singles mostly and had only fair results with the K32 top barrel got a unsingle and it shoots great. That was my result but you need to try them both and deceide. The top single is much cheaper but no adjustable rib.

7. gll

gll Member

pm sent...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff top singles