1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

building a k32/80? from parts?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yobyllib, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yobyllib

yobyllib TS Member

I sometimes see reciever and forend irons for k32/80,and stock sets,and barrel sets floating around.

Is it possible to cobble a gun together this way from used parts and come out
    with a custom peice with savings over a german mfg??

example:k32 reciever/forend plain,wenig stocks AAA,Hurst engraving,1 barrel used.

would this be doable at 6k finished?

2. daydreamer1

daydreamer1 TS Member

i'm not to sure about the work by ken hurst, but i think a nice k 32 can be made from parts .example the iron in good shape $12oo $1500 a good 28 in bbl 12 ga. $1200+-. very nice k 80 wood $700 to $1200. reblueing ,look around $350--$400. have a good gunsmith go through it $300.plus parts. total =$3900. a nice k 32 can be found in the $3000 range . i have seen a few very nice san remo models for less than $6000. $6000 gives you a lot of different ways to go.look long and hard in these tough money times you may find a nice k 80 for $6000

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

they are all made from "parts"

some people think there is a difference if the serial numbers match

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I've spoken to someone who did this with a K80 and also considered doing this myself. The overall conclusion is that you will not really save any money. The only reason to do it is just as a project because you would be better off finding a complete gun since it will cost approx the same or less and not have any potential issues.

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Another thought is you can get EXACTLY what you want the first time, without having to compromise on a gun, then selling off what you don't need, and buying what you do.

Its not really that often that someone can buy a gun off the rack that has the wood (style and grade), engraving, barrel length, chokes, rib, ect exactly as you want it, off the used rack. I've toyed with the idea of building myself a k80, and would use a K80 RT receiver, PFS stock, and either 30" or 32" K32 vandalia ribbed barrels. Probably not too much of a chance finding a gun like that pre-assembled...

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Neither of my K guns has the barrels or wood that came on them. They have not caused any problems for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.