1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

buick park avenue

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by batman1004, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

I have a 1999 buick park avenue just got hail damage on it how much insurance money should I get they were talking about a total out but I would have to give up the car don'y want to do that so do they pro rate it and you would get less any help would be greatly app. g3

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Go to Kelly Blue Book or another used vehicle value guide website and you'll be able to find out how much you SHOULD get. The insurance company's opinion may differ...

Ed

3. baflstang

baflstang Member

NADA.com will get you close but the insurance companies are certainly going to try and devalue your car. If you would like to keep the car after the total loss, more than likely they will ask you to sign a statement that it has in fact been salvaged. I guess this helps protect them. The going rate of re-purchase is usually 20 percent of the settlement. If you are friendly with your adjuster he may offer it lower. You may also make him a counter offer. I just went through this with my '90 Bronco. Twenty years and it only needed a fender and headlight assembly to total it out. I bought it back for $300. Good luck. Bill Weaver

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Average Ed gave you great advice, was involved in an accident in May young man turned his vehicle into mine and totaled my 1999 Ford Explorer. He had a good inusrance company Bristol West. I went to Kelly blue book and found comprable vehicles after supplying the insurance company with a list of recent services and adds on we reached a value that was fair.

5. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

On a total loss==you are also entitled to the sales tax--if your state has one--on the settlement amount. A lot of adjusters forget to throw this in!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.