1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buffing the blue off a Ljutic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RioVistaBob, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

I've often wondered if someone buffed off the blue on the front part and bottom of the receiver on a Mono would it work and look like the factory ones that come that way?

Much like the Dixie Special and the SLE

2. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I dought it. It might look ok but I'm sure it would rust in a heart beat. I had my blued mono gun nitrated by stu wright, no more worn bluing and it looks great.

3. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

I have seen guys buff out the sides of the receiver and it looks good.

4. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

You don't need to buff the blueing to get rid of it, just a couple of rounds on a hot day and your sweaty hands will remove it fairly quickly.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Navel Jelly will take the bluing off in about a minute.

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Space Gun... I polished the receiver of my MX3 Special a year ago. I wipe it down with a rag sprayed lightly with Breakfree after every outing. I have shot it in rain, snow, and heat, and have had absolutely no rust at all. Prior to the MX3 Special, I did a DB81 and had it for 3 years, and it never rusted either.
    With a minimum amout of care, a polished receiver will look like new for many years without any problems..... Just my experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rio, I Have Polished A BT-99-A Citori And (2) Lujtic's With A Bench polisher And Have Had Great Luck With Them. If You Wipe Them Down After Shooting No Problem!!!. I Sprayed A light Coat Of "Min/Wax Helmsman Spar Urethane" On (1) Of The Lujtic's After Cleaning The Receiver With Alcohol And It Turned out GREAT. Just My Way And It Worked For Me!!!! Joe W.

8. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

Thanks for the info. I just might try it. Can't see how it would hurt. I can always reblue it.

Bob

9. FlyerTom

FlyerTom Member

Vinegar. Cheap and quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ljutic mom