1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buffalo Shooting Club To Be Dissolved! (New York)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cray, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cray

Cray Member

I just received word that the 90 or so members that went to court to dissolve the club, won their case on Friday Feb.13th. They will have to split the money!
    I hope it is not true, but, I believe it is. I'll keep posting info. as I receive it. Cray

2. vdt

vdt Active Member

i heard just that they got the site and could be up and running by mid summer

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I don't have a stake in this subject but with two post to the thread we are going from dissolved to up and running with no details in between?????????????

Bob Lawless

4. Cray

Cray Member

vdt: I'm waiting for a call from a member that will have money coming, if it is true.I'll let you know as soon as I hear from him. Cray

5. Cray

Cray Member

Bob: I'm from New York and I believe vdt is in Fl. Cray

6. msmith

msmith Member

I was at Tonawanda Sportsmens Club on Sunday & talked to a member of Buffalo. He did mention the club was to be dissolved from the court case on Friday. I imagine that this will be appealed but since 90 plus members want their $$, I believe Buffalo Shooting Club is a memory. I do not believe Buffalo received all the permits to open a new club in the Town of Newstead. I know Tonawanda will take all the new members that we can. We can use shooters!. Mike

7. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Ouch! - EDIT - let's just say that is a shame. Too bad it couldn't be reinvested in the sport, what a waste of money.

8. Cray

Cray Member

I was told over the weekend that "they", whom ever "they" are, have until Tuesday Feb. 17th. to appeal the judges decision.
    Maybe our State President can fill us in on what's happening, since he is a member of the club? Cray

9. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I think you will find that these legal matters are better left to the parties involved instead of the TS.com community.

I just hope that those pushing to dissolve considered all the ramifications and had exhausted all chances to reinvest the funds.

10. sxs28ga

sxs28ga TS Member

I'm hearing conflicting reports - will someone please set the record straight on this - Thanks JM

11. chunk

chunk TS Member

Cray--

By all means ask the State President what is going on...He should know...HE is one of the LIFE members of the club actively pursuing dissolution.

12. Cray

Cray Member

It's Official!!!! Court closes shooting club over tax! Per news article this am,Bflo. News states that State Supreme Court Justice Timothy J. Drury refused to stay his order legally dissolving the 75 yr. old club over a possible $900,000. tax due on the sale of its Amherst acreage three years ago.
    Court appointed a receiver of the clubs remainning assets for an ultimate cash distribution to each of its full membership of about 160. The club recently completed the $1 million purchase of a 140 acre site. It will now have to be sold by the receiver. The paper stated that its"a crying shame" that the property has very little resale value. AMEN! Cray

13. Cray

Cray Member

There is a meeting in Grand Island today by some of the members. I guess to decide their next course of action. Will keep you informed. Cray

14. msmith

msmith Member

I am hoping that they all want to join Tonawanda Sportsmens Club! We will take them. Mike

15. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The story link is above.

Neil

16. Cray

Cray Member

Neil, Thank you for putting the story link online. I did not know how to do it.
    Mike, I wish Tonawanda would organize a active trap committee so they could hold more shoots there. We need them more than ever! Cray

17. msmith

msmith Member

Cray, stop out over the week end or Wed. night. You probably know who to talk with, if not just ask at the shoot room window and MaryEllen will show you who to talk with. We do have a committee but more volunteers and ideas are always welcome. As you are aware we have the best facilities in WNY and can hold very large shoots if shooters will come. Mike

18. Cray

Cray Member

Mike, I'll be there as soon as it warms up. Did the club solve the electrical problems it had at the western zone shoot last yr.? Cray

19. msmith

msmith Member

Cray, Fields 1-6 are used weekly and no problems. 7-9 will have a quiet generator back up. An electrical person will handle this. As you know you will only have problems like this during a registered shoot and never during practice shooting !! Our club members work very hard before shoots to make sure the place looks and functions great. We take great pride in our club. I myself do not shoot ATA but my son and I help out with keeping the grounds and building clean and in great shape. (We will never turn down a volunteer with a mower or tractor as we cut a lot of grass). Come out and see. Thanks, Mike

20. Cray

Cray Member

Thanks Mike, I'll see you when it warms up. Cray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.