1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buffalo Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brent375hh, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

I just got back into trap shooting after a 20 year break. I have shot at many local clubs recently including the one I already belonged to.

The Buffalo GC is the best run, most reasonably priced ($4.75! members ticket), and very welcoming of newcomers. I don't think you could find a better place to shoot anywhere near the Mpls area. Voice activated traps, if you did not get a bird, say "pull" with conviction instead of giving the trap operator a nasty look.

They even remember your name on return trips instead of acting like you don't belong shooting with them, other members even introduce themselves. Not what I am used to especially at my old home club in CO.

My compliments to the whole staff.

Brent

2. arend003

arend003 Member

a bit farther away the Osceola Rod and Gun club is great as well $4.00 for a round of trap or $5.00 for five stand, great people now open Saturdays and Sundays
    Tom

3. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Brett, as a shooter at BGC I could not agree more. Hope to see this winter at the Jackpot shoots
    Keith

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Good Golly........Jee Whiz!

That's the first time I ever saw Lit holding a real trap gun......But what in heck is that thing he has hanging on the stock?

Maybe that's to keep his rouge off'en the wood.......haha

Hauxfan!

5. BELGIBOY

BELGIBOY TS Member

I would love to make it to BGC this weekend. Unfortunately I have to work. Glad you're welcoming newcomers.

6. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Gotta add my two cents. What a great group at Buffalo. Not only super people, but also extremely supportive of anyone coming into the sport. Which for me during my first year of ATA was deeply appreciated.

Hal Hitchcock

7. BELGIBOY

BELGIBOY TS Member

I just came back from shooting at BGC for the first time. Nothing but praise for the people and the facilities. Thanks to Wally, Coach and Sally for being so easy and welcoming. Thanks to Brent for letting me shoot his XT for a round too. I think I found my spot to shoot for the next couple of decades.

8. TC

TC TS Member

Over the years I have learned there are a bunch of really good folks in Minnesota. Wish I could spend more time there.

9. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

It was great to meet you last night, Belgiboy! For being a new trapshooter you sure pounded those targets hard and left very few undamaged. I hope you come out on Sunday for our National Trapshooting Day competition--it's going to be a lot of fun, prizes are great, and lunch is free (which is Coach's favourite part!)

Looking forward to shooting with you again soon,

Sal

10. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

It was great to meet you last night, Belgiboy! For being a new trapshooter you sure pounded those targets hard and left very few undamaged. I hope you come out on Sunday for our National Trapshooting Day competition--it's going to be a lot of fun, prizes are great, and lunch is free (which is Coach's favourite part!)

Looking forward to shooting with you again soon,

Sal

11. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Thanks Belgiboy for the up comments. We work hard all year to provide a great shooting venue for our customers. I am pleased to have met you. Doesn't appear to me that you need much for shooting instructions with a pair of 24's under your belt. Nice shooting. It was indeed an honor to meet you last night and if you need any tips Sally and I are there nearly every Wednesday and Thursday evening.

It was also very nice to see many new faces last night. Several will be coming out on Sunday to compete for the very 1st time on registered targets. We are very pleased to see all the new shooters at Buffalo. If you are struggling with any targets please talk to one of us. We can get you back on the right track. In many cases it is a very simple fix of perhaps 10 seconds. We are there to have fun, breaking more targets and hearing loss less, adds to the fun. Although for me seeing shooters on the line enjoying the evening is great enjoyment too!

Yours for better shooting,
    Mark Stevens aka: Coach

Hey Calamity, did I hear pie! Peach or Apple? You know I will just throw a shoot for Pumpkin, so if you want results, it had better be fruit and not Vegetable pie! He he.

Come join Sally and I on Sunday! We welcome all to share our sport with us. Going to be a marvelous fall day, the last day we will shoot registered birds until January. Don't waste it watching the football game, grab the kids, the wife, the dog, the shotgun and make some noise with us. We await your company. We are the best little club in America.

P.s Bring your friends and neighbors! Don't forget to take a young person hunting with you this fall! They will look up to you the rest of their lives!

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.