1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buffalo Gun Club SCTP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Primedust, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Jun 7, 2006
    This is a picture of the SCTP Tuesday night class being held at Buffalo Gun Club in Buffalo, MN. We are currently instructing 34 youths to shoot trap. So far it has been a blast and all the shooters are improving with every round shot. Buffalo Gun club started this program and has since received donations from some local groups such as Cabelas', Hanover Athletic Association, Pheasants Forever, and are expecting further donations from the Friends of the NRA and others along with member support. This helps to reduce the fees. Most of these youths would have never been introduced to guns in their life time if not for this program. I an honored to have been given the opportunity to help teach these youths OUR sport here at Buffalo Gun Club. Parents and members are helping with the learning process also. To date 34 youths, 10 adults (6 women) have learned to shoot. Over 40 have joined the ATA! Thank you to all the voluteers!
    aka: Mark Stevens
    Head coach Buffalo SCTP.
  2. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Wow!!! Buffalo has a great program going. Some other clubs in Minnesota have strong programs as well. I know Alexandria with Lyle Knutson is doing a great job too.

We can complain about alot of things when it comes to ATA and shooting registered targets, but it takes individuals like Mark and Lyle to jump in and do the work. If more of us took on volunteer work like this, the ATA could be growing.

I know the very successful Nebraska program started with hard working dedicated volunteers just like these guys.

Buffalo was also the club that started the highest number of new shooters in our new shooter recruitment program.

Mark Zauhar, MTA President
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.