1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUFFALO GUN CLUB---NOV. 14----JACKPOT EVENT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kooz25, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Fading fast, I have not been there 2 of the last 3 weeks. I,m trying to give everbody a chace to catch up LOL I see Mr Lewis Claycomb is back, Great shooting Mark. Look forward to seeing every body this Sunday.

Kooz

2. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Boys,

I have a 4-1/2 day-long date planned with a deer stand, scent blocker, my trusty gun and the best pair of warm boots money can buy. The cold weather's coming in and I have a gut feeling the deer are going to be running. There is a monster out there, tracks bigger than my hand, and he's MINE! Missed that dang 15 pointer last year and the sleepless nights have got to stop.

See you in January!

Calamity

3. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Good luck to all the shooters and hunters out there this weekend. I will not be attending this week end. Something about the honey do list and driving deer? Aren't they difficult to get into the car?

Calamity has a big buck on the brain! I hope she can outsmart it. It is wiley and old with a gray face. Combines pull over to let it pass! What an amazing creature!

Kooz, I hope your luck returns. Mark Claycomb, keep up the good work.

I will be thinking of you guys, when I put the hammer down on "Sally's deer"

Take Care
    Primedust!

4. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Well, boys, there'll be venison sausage this winter again! A beautiful albeit stupid-in-love 10 pointer was lured by my Tinks and doe calls--I watched him walk straight to me for about 100 yards before putting him down 20 feet from my deer stand. One shot was all it took.

Or so I thought! After 15 minutes of him laying there dead I jacked my shells out to climb down and he resurrected, I jammed in another slug and dropped him dead about 40 yards away. By the time Coach got there 3 minutes later we walked over the beast. GONE! Coach walked along the bush to the front while I worked my way through the middle. When Coach got to the front there the bastard was--standing straight up and looking right at him! It took four more shots to get him down. Truly a team hunt! AND with my broken foot!

Lesson of the day: Shoot a buck until he stops breathing and still stay loaded as your pheasant shot may also come in handy. Oh yeah, NEVER take your eyes off the 'downed' animal. So much to learn.........

See you in January! We'll keep the updates coming from the field. Next weekend, Wisconsin deer hunting!

Calamity

5. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Way to go Sally, I hope you are having a great time in Appleton. I can't wait to go back and shot some more of those little ring necks

kooz

6. Mr Lewis

Mr Lewis TS Member

Congrats Sally, sounds like you and Mark are having a great tme, it also sounds like that was one tough Deer. Oh well its slightly tenderised now, ha ha. Take care guys will see ya soon. Mark

7. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Well, I never thought when I said I would be putting the hammer down on Sally's buck, that it would come true. That was one tough animal. What a majestic buck. Antlers Glowing in the sun, like it was never shot already. Truth be known, I walked the tree lines for an hour looking for another buck!

Colm got his first deer last evening and we have lots of venison coming! Deer sausage will be in a couple of weeks. We will see you all on Dec. 5th at Buffalo Gun Club.

Mark
    Primedust

8. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Looking forward to it

Kooz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.