1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUFFALO GUN CLUB-Jan. 3, 2010-JACKPOT EVENT*

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalamitySJ, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

WS, you're scaring people with your snowed-in trap picture and forecast predictions!

First, my shoulders are still sore from the work party you organized to clear the lines and traps, so people need to know that snowshoes are not necessary to shoot (I wonder if they would have helped me last week though. I'll have to ask Neil if shooting from the 25 yard line while elevated in snow shoes at 10 degrees F would improve my odds of hitting ANYTHING). You sure keep BGC in good shape, WS.

Second, temperature is irrelevant--if targets are flying we're shooting! Coach has been scouring the cities for 7.5/8 410 shells so he can play too. Someone call his cardiologist, eh? The man is driving me crazy.

2. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Dear CalamitySJ,

I cut the lines to the Cardiologist! What he doesn't know won't hurt me. (although he gun may)

I am seriously thinking of dumping each shell out and losing the #4 shot and loading in 7.5. I have 100#s or more sitting at home and just don't have a crimper to reseal the shell. Guess I could use WAX like in my time. Or just go pheasant hunting!!!! Need to walk 10,000 steps each day anyway>?? Hmmm.

Seriously, I will wait another week or two before taking the plunge. But I will be shooting January targets near the end of the month and hope someone will shoot with me. It has been a long dry spell and I am itching to soot ball some targets. Would guess that a few of my fellow shooters will brave the cold with me. I know you will be all over me like white on rice the 1st shots so there will be some minor distraction, but believe I will still be able to fight you off and shoot a few times too! Just don't hit me in the chest!

Mark
    aka: Coach

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Hey Mark

It would be great to see you on the line again soon. If you have trouble fielding a squad, let me know and I'll send the wife out. If you really get hard up, I'll come with her.

Good to see you back on this forum.

Bob

4. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

So, what do you think boys and girls are we going to play on Sunday?

Keith

5. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

I wish I could explain it
    Kooz

6. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Oh, I wish I could have been there! Not because I'd win, mind you, but just to take part in that historic day. I did, however, experience a close 2nd when we walked across the frozen pond to the cattails and had 100+ pheasants lift up around us. Instead of 'hen', 'hen', 'rooster' my hunting buddy kept yelling 'HELP'. What an experience. Not quite the Norman/Koosman battle but hey, I'll take what I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.