1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUFFALO GUN CLUB---JACKPOT EVENT---JAN.4, 2009

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Primedust, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Happy New Year everyone, Sally and I are looking forward to Sunday. It is hard to see 2008 end. We have had a wonderful year. Don't know how we can top this one, but 2009 brings more opportunities to shoot with friends and family! We wish everyone a safe, happy and prosperous new year!

Remember to keep Dave Terning and his family in your prayers please.

See you Sunday!

Mark Stevens

2. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

WEll,it was a bright sunny day, but with -22 degree wind chill it was not the most comfortable weather. A few brave souls did some practice rounds but no events were held. The Mrs. and I did some heavy cribbage playing in which she was taught not to mess with the master! He he. Food and company were great! There is always next week and the Mrs. should be healed by then and able to shoot again. (Been hell with her on the sidelines!) Oh boy! I have created a MONSTER!

In the mean time she is buy up Trap supplies right and left. Good thing we have two huge sheds now!! Didn't get too nervous until she started mounting a trap throwing machine on a Zamboni! What does she expect. Do orange pucks break>? Hell, being in a Hockey family! But I wouldn't change it for the world. Think I will have to use a heavier load though? Any suggestions? Wonder how far you have to lead a slap shot?

3. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Coach,

Speak softly and clearly--it's been hell WATCHING me on the sidelines or I've been hell to LIVE with on the sidelines while I'm waiting to heal? You may want to ask for guidance before answering, eh? And I don't think half a semi-load of shells is too much, with 5 shooters in the family, do you? Should last us for half a year or so, shooting 2-4x a week.

A slapshot runs about 89-90 miles an hour and, with you being a championship skeet shooter in earlier days, you should have no problem with the lead. Just wait until you come home tonight and we'll practice in the back yard!

4. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

two and a half foot lead with high follow through from 20 yds. Do I get to wear pads? Open mouth insert: high energy trouble!

5. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Oh Great Wally! Just what I need, please don't order any and I will give you $20.00 not to tell the MRS. where to find them! Although she probably invented them?

Oh well, could be worse! She could be into knitting! Pretty tough to soot ball doilies at 26 yds. If I,m lucky maybe she will let me use Colms stick at least.

I may be a little while coming back to shooting, but I should be back by say, St. Patricks day. Irish gals don't pay to much attention on that day! Perhaps I can sneak out of the corner then. he he!

6. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Coach,

First of all, KNITTING?? Shooting, hunting, karate, Taekwondo, whitewater rafting--these are my hobbies. Not that there's anything wrong with knitting, but it requires one to sit in one spot for an extended amount of time, therefore I'm not really suited to it.

I would never stop you from shooting, my love. In fact, you'd better start practicing every chance you get because this Irish girl is going to beat you this year, more than once anyway.

And the blaze orange floor hockey pucks? Take a look in the undergarage when you get home tonight, Coach, where you'll find several just like it! Hockey, anyone? (And yes, I'll let you wear the hockey pads because I can check like crazy!)

7. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Don't need any taekwondo checking from you. Meet me on the field on Sunday and we will see how hockey pucks work for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.