1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUFFALO GUN CLUB--JACKPOT EVENT---JAN.25, 2009

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalamitySJ, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

WS, we're finally back in the States but it took a lot of effort to drag Coach back. The weather and scenery in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains was beautiful, about 40 degrees, but it was the abundance of wildlife and mule deer that kept Coach's mouth hanging open. Imagine fields covered in deer trails; dusk means slowing down in the country AND town to let the deer families pass. The whole drive he kept saying "Oh, look at that huge trail--look, there's another one! Look at that field, those trees would be perfect for deer, look at the trails around that hay stack!" He's hooked. And I thought he just loved me for my hick accent!

So good to be back home in Minnesota, and looking forward to taking money off your hands this Sunday. With Coach's new eyes still settling in I'm a sure bet to beat him again!

Calamity

2. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Coach can't see to type and I've been forced to narrate for the blind:

"Looking forward to MAYBE seeing all of you on Sunday. Figure I could get a pretty good handicap if somebody spots me 10 birds. Calgary is beautiful in the wintertime but too darn many cross-country skiiers to keep the deer quiet. Ducks would be scarce on the prairie with no water and really tough watching over your shoulder for all those cougars. Definitely a two man hunting adventure! Or should I say, two PERSON hunting adventure.

Will settle for short range clay targets for one week and maybe some doubles unless a miracle occurs in the next couple days. Pray for Dave Terning, see you then."

Coach

3. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Good afternoon,

Well my eyes haven't improved much, but my disposition has. Rumor, from very good optomitrists, is that I will again see in time! Which is a plus. I will be somewhat patient with my shooting as blurry vision doesn't allow for much else! He he!

I know the Mrs. has false hopes of kicking my butt all over the range on Sunday. Truth is she will be too darn tired to kick anything! I can't read brail and good thing because there are not many books out there on trap shooting in brail so the only solution is to bare down and get the healing done and then break them all.

I will shoot some singles and perhaps a short try at doubles on Sunday. Any one game? It will be cold, dry and crisp. Perfect weather for dust!

Come join Sally and I as we await my return. Sally is itching to score some victories while I am in "idle away" mode.

See you Sunday,
    Mark (Coach)

4. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Well 100 targets shot at last night in Waverly, not very pretty, but for a fuzzy blind man it was ok. I figure if everyone else shoots with their off hand, I have a chance? Except Smitty!
    Figure I have a better chance at Buffalo shooting those dinner plate size targets. Those mini aspirins last night were hard to get a full patern on! You would think they would use the 325 grain size instead of the 86 grain. Old eyes, creaking joints and a medium case of sometimers makes for a tough night.

I am itching to try a run on targets in the day light. Cold or not, I have to know!

Sally kicked my butt in the early going last night, but I rallied, in the late rounds! Whew! Side bet would have been torture! He he...I gave her the option of double or nothing, Everything is on the "line" Sunday. Sally was up all night analyzing last night so if I get her to thinking about a new topic tonight I should have a running start! I just love inquiring minds!!!! Easy pickin's!

Get the loaded dice ready Wally, I am on my way!!!

Mark (Coach)

5. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Well of course she has good form! She had a good coach! He he!

6. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Hey now, wait a minute! I don't think I like the comparison you're using here! First a picture of Coach and me, then a picture of JF and MOIRA???

Get a rope. See you on Sunday.

7. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Ohhh! Wally, Sucks to be you!

Did I ever mention Sally is Irish, Canadian born, Tai Kwando trained democrat leftist, and can at times be short tempered, and vendictive? No? Oops!

There is talk that your glasses may turn up missing again with you in them? What were you thinking man? To post a picture of a dog and then relate it to her! If you would just said moira was a democrat you may have been forgiven!

Geez man, Wake up!

Hope you have a hand held GPS to know which way is up when you start digging!

Uff da!

Coach

8. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Well, the shooting was cold and the targets were a little fuzzy, but went fine. Good thing wally throws the extra large northern raised targets or we would have been in trouble. Managed to eek out a score of some kind, but not very respectable. Singles went fine, Handicap was not good. Eyes need more time, that is for sure, but I am happy to see what I can for now. Could be much worse!

Was a very cold last round, with the wind kicking up from the west, and bright crisp sun shine. The wood chuck was not out yet to take others minds off of the task so, no distractions to help on my side/ Except Sally....

Please keep DAVE TERNING in your prayers.

Saturday is an ATA event, hope to see many of our friends there. Sally, I and the Young guns will be there in force.

Stay warm! See you at BGC.
    Mark (aka: Coach)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.