1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUFFALO GUN CLUB--JACKPOT EVENT---JAN.11, 2009

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Primedust, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

HUMM? A BROKEN LEFT WINGER, LOOKING DOWN HIS NOSE AT OUR NUMBERS. GO FIGURE!!
    AT LEAST HE DOESN'T HAVE JIM W.s TWO HEADED COIN. (thats why we use loaded dice).

Last week end was a fizzler! Am looking forward to making some noise on Sunday. My shoulder is getting as rusty as smitty's. That's not good!

The Mrs. is lifting her head again and taking nourishment, so she may be able to crack a few targets also. See all you there.

Primedust.

2. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

You still have a #6 shot in the #6 dice, you know the one with the polished edges?

Going to be a nice day on Sunday. About 10 degrees at shoot time and warming into the balmy 20's by 3:00. Looking forward to making some noise. Warm up #3 for Doubles Wally, Sally has the urge to practice for Hawaii! Wouldn't mind making a little extra noise myself. Got to Practice for the ATA shoot on the 31st!!! What a great way to kill the winter.

Mark

3. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

I just got the okay to start shooting again, so look out boys, here I come! I definitely need to get those doubles down, Coach, so I hope you remember to bring a couple cases of shells. After your 49 last night I'm going to have to re-double my efforts on the 16 yard line in order to keep up the pace.

Nothing frustrates like wanting to shoot, watching the group go out to shoot, and watching from the clubhouse. Got stuck shooting the camera instead--isn't this a nice selection of guns? I'm bringing the gun case this Sunday though. Small side bet, Coach?

4. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Side Bet: Dear Calamity,

Fifty bucks says that after you shoot two cases of shells on doubles:

1. Your nose will be running.
    2. Your cheeks will be rosey.
    3. You will be talking 100 miles a minute.
    4. Your shoulder will be sore, but you won't admit it. Never show signs of weakness.
    5. You will hit targets like mad!
    6. You will be hooked on doubles!
    7. We will have to order even more shells! ha ha
    and last, you will fall in love with your coach yet again.

I would like to parlay that last bet. I will take the daily double for 1000.

Lets go play dear! Meet me on the range at 10:00 am Sunday! I'll bring the shells and check book. You bring the diet coke and determination. We will create some: (Primedust) he he.

If all the above do not come true I will pay you!

5. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Mr. Coach,

I accept your side bet, with one exception--you do not have to pay me. However, our 160 lb baby Wolfhound needs a bath and grooming, and a good long walk wouldn't hurt either.

Loser takes her on. Been eating your Wheaties? See you tomorrow at 10!

Calamity

PS. We need a new loveseat, because it appears she's taken up residence and refuses to leave. And I already fell in love with you yesterday, and then today too, so tomorrow should be no problem either.

6. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Postscript: the Coach now has dog-pan hands and is watching trapshooting videos to catch up!

Cold weather, warm clubhouse and great friends made for a super day, plus it was sweet to go one up on Coach today (yes, you're right, the first time out was the end-all be-all!). We'll be in Canada next weekend so will have to bring this competition back to the field the following Sunday.

Calamity

PS. The only downer of the day was the loss of your glasses, WS. Someone swooped in and took off with them? I really hope they turn up.

7. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Well, the Mrs. did whoop me on the 1st round. Too much coaching I guess! Got to say it didn't hurt my feelings. Also didn't hurt too much when I found out she was high gun so far for the day. But that changed slightly on the next rounds!

Next time the dog will not be in the mix for a bet. Although the thought arose to take the dog on a long walk after getting it wet, I however restrained. Hasn't any one heard of a shichzu or miniture dog. My god this thing is the size of a respectable deer!

I was right on the doubles bet though! Her cheeks were rosey, her nose did run, she fell in love with doubles, broke targets like crazy, even ones she shot at! Talked a 100 miles a minute. Fell in love with the coach again and she bought lunch! Woo Hoo! She also crashed and burned on the couch for two hours before going to hockey in the evening!

I am being hi jacked far into the frozen North this week end! A foreign country with funny talking peaple and frozen Lager called "Blue" and "LaBatt's" and wierd food like "chips with vinegar" and Hamburgers with strange red crap on it. Funny works like "Ehh and OOuuut" Oh well, could be worse! I could be home baby sitting the dogs! ( giraffe substitute) Thank god I live in America and not Africa!

I will look forward to the first time shooting without prescription eye wear in 42 years when I return. Lasix is scheduled for Thursday AM and I will return eagar to see the outcome on the Trap range. Hope to see all my friends on the 25th for the new vision check!!! Take care and keep the home fires burning "I'll be Back" Wally, hope your glasses turn up.

Coach

8. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Hey Wally, perhaps you should put a Klapper on this pair. You know " Clap on Clap off" I may start believing in a black hole at the club. First Sallys pumps, then your glasses, and last night my horseshoe is missing? Hey I feel a little collusion going on! Who would stoop so low as to steal a mans horse shoe unless she feels threatened? She??? Hummm? Naw? Do you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.