1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUFFALO GUN CLUB--JACKPOT EVENT---Feb. 1, 2009

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalamitySJ, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Wally,

I love pheasant hunting too, buddy, but I'm sorry to break it to you that the season's over! I'm not sure if I should say you're bird-brained or have pheasants on the brain--either one will work!

See you on both Saturday and Sunday. Just a warning: Coach's eyes are clearing up!

Sal

2. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Don't worry Wally, she must be talking about some of the redness going away. I am still seeing lots of hazy stuff. I know I can shoot singles from the results last Sunday and believe doubles would be no problem. Problem is I see only streaks and no clear target right now. Handicap is two targets and blurred. Stinks!

So if you are ever going to take advantage of beating the "Coach" now is the time. I am really looking forward to shooting this week end.

Only 12 days to Hawaii and I can't focus? Should be an interesting 12 days! The Mrs. may have to hold the fort over there. oey ve! aey!

3. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Huh? Our wood chuck must be a member of PETA!

4. Toddy

Toddy Member

The Buffalo Gun Club looks like you will need snowblowers before you shoot and I will guarantee that you won't see any of that white stuff in Hilo and please M & S, don't bring any with you....LOL.

From Vancouver Island,(an Island in the Pacific surrounded by sandy Lagoons) to another Island,(Big Island Trap Club @ Hilo), I'll see you there.

Sal, check out the back of my shirt at the Aloha Handicap.....

R T, East Sooke, BC

5. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

RT,

We're counting down the minutes and have no plans to bring the snowblower with us! I hope we do see a little white stuff--SAND! Talked with Capt Bob yesterday who got us a smoking good deal on his 50' Diamond Class boat for a full day of deep sea fishing the day before the shoot starts, and Mark wants to know if it's legal in Hawaii to fish with a trap gun? My biggest fear is getting sunburned before the shoot but Bob said this boat even has air conditioning in it. Ahhhhhhhh. We Minnesotans are NOT used to 75 degree days in February and will need a little cooling off.

Buffalo Gun Club puts on the friendliest events on the mainland and I invite you to come shoot with us anytime. Fishing's a little different here (our ice is solid now!) but it's an addiction too, come give it a try. I'll even lend you a toque!

Sal

6. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Toddy, Don't believe her, she doesn't even own a toque! Sally is the only one I know that shoots in -10 degree wind chill, blowing in your face, and smiles and laughs the whole way through! Claims her Canadian heritage can help her through it. Although she is nursing a pretty good case of Pnumonia right now! Huh! Wonder how that happened.

Come up and shoot with us in the fall and we will show you some of america's finest wing shooting at the same time, along with the fantastic Buffalo Gun Club full of some of Minnesota's finest and friendliest shooters!

We are getting very excited about the trip! Shooting, fishing, sandy beaches, sun burn, lots of fellow shooters to meet and everything and almost anything goes! Looking forward to meeting you there!

Take Care,
    Mark (aka: Coach)

7. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Well friends it is just 42 hours away until my gun points North and blasts away a registered target again in MN. Sweet deal to say the least! Sally and I and the kids will be there when the bell tolls to bust up some birds. I need the practice and she needs the challenge!

She of course again offers to spot me a few birds, but even though I am less then 100% I declined the offer. Loser cooks dinner on Sunday night after the shooting! Oh, Superbowl? Perhaps a BIG DINNER! Beer and venison sausage with a cheese chaser if I cook!

I look forward to seeing a lot of my friends there at Buffalo Gun Club!

Please remember to keep Dave Terning and his family in your prayers, his recovery is slow and going fine so far but a little bumpy at times. I await Daves return to Buffalo and the 1st rounds are on me!

Keep fighting Dave!!!
    Your friend in sport,
    Mark Stevens -- aka (Coach) aka: (Lucky)

Word to the wise, Sally surprised me with Bemidji, MN. North country rated shooting glasses last night without perscription lenses, thanks to the quick ship method of Dave Smith! I may see the targets, if I don't break them, it won't be for lack of great glasses!

Thanks Sally and Dave!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.