1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUFFALO GUN CLUB-J.POT EVENT-TOYS-TOTS DEC. 7

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalamitySJ, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Coach,

I have an early Christmas present for you! While we can't make this Toys for Tots event (pheasants are calling, you know!), I have decided that you have been a very good boy and need a special present.

Soooooo, I signed us up to shoot at Hawaii State Shoot in February--it's a PITA event and they are thrilled that we're coming (don't worry, they still register our targets with the ATA)! Let's go shoot in the wind (your favorite!) with Hawaiians, mainlanders and even a few crazy fellow Canadians like me, in beautiful Hilo, Hawaii.

I've already packed your orange and yellow Hawaiian shirt, Mark. Are you up to the challenge? And Wally? We promise to drop off our donations for the Toys for Tots kids before next weekend's event--thanks for doing this, there are so many families in need this year in the town.

Sally Stevens

PS. I'll even spot you a couple birds on the singles! And I talked to the PITA people who said I could shoot at my ATA 19 yard designation, not 25 like I had to at Sparta, so I'll give you a couple birds on handicap too!

2. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Ho Ho Ho My Sweet,

I will accept your generous offer.. However, I am the wind shooter so perhaps, I will spot you two birds on each event. There is no need to pack the orange and red shirts. I will buy you new sexy ones. You know the kind with the shell pockets in the front!! Mesh!

Going to be awsome to shoot those big flowery targets on the island of paradise! You don't suppose P.I.T.A targets are old coconut husks? They are still made out of pitch aren't they! Must be lava would be too light. Right?

Can't wait to see you glow around hot lava and a 19 yard line>> Look out Hilo! What do you say we kick up some lava dust along with the sand!

Thank You!
    Your private coach.

3. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Well, our honeymoon choices were either the French Riviera (a villa on the sea, two weeks of French food and beautiful sights) or shooting trap in Hawaii. What better way to start a life together than the way that we met, through trapshooting? Besides, I don't think they'll serve Mark's favorite--chop steak and a half bottle of ketchup--in France!!

There will be no wearing of mesh vests, however, Coach. Remember there may be immature minds checking this thread out and we need to keep it PG!

4. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

And so the student becomes the teacher...........

Ha! Even I'm not that cocky--I'll even admit that I shot a 9 on handicap, and had to shoot two posts with a borrowed Perrazzi (my gun froze up--how cold is that?). Now my trusty Browning is feeling a little insecure but Coach shouldn't be, as I am in need of extensive training in the areas of handicap, doubles and, oh yes, singles!

See you boys next weekend, and Coach? Can't wait to see what the side bet will be (as long as I don't have to wear a hat!)

5. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Mrs. Calamity,

Seems you had the right side bet this week! Why change we are both happy. Aren't we!

He he!

OHHH! Seriously,
    I am so happy you thumped me. Guess I was distracted about presents and Christmas thingies! Lot's of Ribbon!

Was a rough week, no sleep, and hundreds of miles and hundreds and hundreds of dollars spent on great charities and events. Was time for me to let down for once and I am so proud you beat the crap outta me! Savour it! It won't last for long. I will be back in form next time! Enough hiding in the back ground.

Now is the time to practice for Hawaii. Will be hard to shoot in frozen tundra thinking about tropical breezes, Palm trees and Warm white beaches. Well, we do have something in common with white.

Buckle down teacher, the student lurks!

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.