1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUFFALO GUN CLUB-J.POT EVENT-TOYS-TOTS DEC. 14

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalamitySJ, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

WS--

Weather for hunting this weekend looks dismal, but cold and gusty is my favourite way to shoot trap! I have to thump Coach two weekends in a row so we'll be there for sure. Question, is there a chance to set the third trap up for doubles? I'm going to need massive amounts of training before February!

2. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Weather too rough for hunting? What??? I never knew that there was such a day!

I will forego another weekend of high winds and snow to shoot trap? I mean, I will!! Roosters on the rise, cold, crisp air, frosty cackle, whirring rush of wings. The pain the pain....

Perhaps a few local long necked geese would fall to the guns in the afternoon. What do you say babe?

We will not be using the same side bet as last time though. Although I won, I also lost and suffered the wrath of the trap shooting media! I got beat by a girl? What is that all about?

Well girly, I hope you enjoyed it because it will be a while again...

Stock up on toys! Wally needs them for the Tot's.

Hope to see all you guys at Buffalo for a great day of shooting on Sunday. I will be there at 11:00. Yes, Calamity too!!!

Mark

3. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

WS, thanks for setting that up. BGC is so accommodating!

And Coach, I am not afraid of bad weather, cold winds, or rough conditions, even when hunting. But if the birds don't fly in nature I can be guaranteed they'll still fly at BGC and I need the practice!

Maybe our bet needs to include shooting without a toque? I think I'll bring my camera on Sunday for posterity, just in case I beat you two weekends in a row. I am ready for those doubles lessons too, you know.

We'll bring toys and deer sausage, as long as Chef John keeps it out of the chili this time. Or at least take off the casing if he does?

Sal

4. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Well, the cold weather is setting in on Buffalo Gun Club! I hope that doesn't give cause for some of our shooters in MN. to stay home. I will be out at the club by 10:30 cutting up deer sausage and itching to redeem my fate of last week. 168 hours will have passed by (slowly) with plenty of chidding!

I am not a vengeful person, well not usually, but this has been a long week. Coach is tired of the chatter.

Please, if you are so inclined. Say a prayer for Dave Terning, a shooter that frequents Buffalo. He is possibly having heart surgery today for a transplant and can use all the prayers he can get. Dave is a great sportsman and a true blessing around the trap fields.

Danny, Darrel, and Aaron our prayers are with you today. Wish you dad Well for us!

Mark and Sally Stevens

5. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Well the Mrs. got a reprive. It was raining pitch forks and puppy dog tails at shoot time so the shoot was cancelled for high winds and icing conditions. We did have a few folks brave the wet roads which became skating rinks at noon... So they could drop off Toys for Tots. The toy box is filling up fast! Thanks to all those that donated to this program. This year more than ever kids need to see something under the tree. More than ever, some families need our help! Please join our trapshooting family and donate what you can!

The over size targets couldn't get enough lift with all the ice on them! Our deicer system was down, so we couldn't fog the targets before letting them fly. The targets were pitching heavily to the right and droping in well short of the intended flight path. All targets were lost! A tragic day for Birds~

Our feerless leader could not make it today as he was hospitalized Sat. Morning. Cause is to be determined. Wally Shelstad is doing much better, but will be the subject to more testing this morning. He will be fine. We await his return next Sunday.

Mark

6. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Heard there was a doc out there in Buffalo with a 9 inch index finger. They have to make special latex gloves for him. Tell Wally not to turn his back on that one. Hope it's nothing serious Wally. Wishing you all the best.

Bob and Mary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.