1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buffalo Gun Club has been SHOVELED OUT!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalamitySJ, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Fellow shooters of the "I'm not afraid to shoot in the cold/snow/blizzard" variety,

You can come to the Buffalo Gun Club tomorrow without fear of having to shovel your way to the line. Even though we've had 12-16 inches of snow, WET HEAVY snow, our fearless leader Wally Shelstad organized a work party today so our shooting arms would be recovered enough to try and beat Norman. Come shoot some of those shells y'all got for Christmas tomorrow from 11am-3pm at the 50 bird Jackpot shoot (check the website for more information).

Hope to see you there!

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Glad to see I'm not the only one shoveling snow at the gun club!!!(17")

Happy Holidays, Oxford Gun Club, Oxford Pa

3. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Happy Holidays to you too, Oxford Gun Club.

We're still going to have to go early tomorrow and shovel what's falling right now, but at least the industrial size snowblowers can be silent. My ears are still ringing. We have three traps but with the work it took to clean them out we'll only be shooting two tomorrow!

PA's not that far away, you should come on over. I can guarantee tons of hospitality along with the snow.

4. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Where was the deer photo taken and when? We had snow like that some years ago and it took years for the deer herd to come back. It got so the deer wouldn't leave the plowed roads as the depth of the snow would exhaust them in no time flat. Wolves & snow determine the number of deer in northern Minnesota. Glenn

5. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

That was in my back yard, northern Alberta, for years and years and years! When the snow got higher than that they simply tunnelled their way around the fields, no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.