1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUFFALO GUN CLUB--CHERRY PIE SHOOT--Feb. 13

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Primedust, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Wally Shelstad is in the hospital. Had fainted last evening and quit breathing. Paramedics got him to the hospital and settled in for a long winters nap last night. Hoping your better soon wally.

In the mean time, there is a shoving party at BGC at 4:00pm tonight! The trap fields are blown in level to the snow banks meaning about 3 feet on the flat! Anyone whom wants to cough up a lung should join me there this evening.

Good luck Wally

Coach!
    aka: Primedust. Wally is in room 133 at Buffalo Community Hospital. 1st floor.

2. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Coach,

Women faint, men pass out! I'm sure he'll forgive you though, especially if you go and shovel BGC tonight. I just got off the phone with him and he's meaner than a junkyard dog, wanting to get out but being forced to do more tests. Too many good BGC people in the hospital this year.

As you know I must exercise the other side of my brain tonight so can't help. I'll be thinking of you in my warm studio, playing classical piano, while you man the snowblower. I hope you have lots of help and will gently remind you of the new 10" scar down the middle of your chest. 'Nuff said.

Calamity

3. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Hi All,

Just what is going on up the BUFFALO GUN CLLUB. I buy a house ub Buffalo with this nice trap club. In the last 6 months or so, two shooters have had heart surgery. Now Wally quit brathing and is in the hospital. I am beginning to have second thoughts about buying this house in Buffalo.

On second thought, with everybody getting a new ticker, the Buffalo Gun
    Club will be going strong for another 45 to 50 years.

Wally, Get well soon and get back to BGC as they need you.

Later,

Birddog

4. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

WS,

Excellent news. Really excellent. Really.

Uh, so I guess this means I'm not getting your Kolar now?

Calamity

5. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Hey Wally,

What time will the pie and ice cream be served?
    Will the oversized targets be thrown?

Igloo carving starts at noon! Snow sculpture carving at 2:00. Bring your shovels and gloves and your favorite long blade. CalamitySJ, being from the frozen tundra, will demenstrate the proper Construction techniques. Maybe, I should have asked her first? (If you see a black jacket out in the middle of a field, you may want to check for me in it.)

Will shooting lanes be carved out of the snow. The fields are blown out and it kind of looks like a bobsled run!. Oh, Yeah! Appears the Winter olympics are here at BGC. With the high snow runs, Smitty surely can't wonder off the shooting lanes now. This is a good way to keep Smitty on post. No more waiting for him to climb back into position.

By the way Wally, notice how every one uses the sidewalks now!

Those snow trenches would make great goose blinds! Perhaps we should have a goose blind target shoot? I know, more sleep, less diet coke!

Primedust.

6. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Our home's sidewalks and deck are not shoveled, and we certainly don't have any pie in the kitchen. Am I the only one who thinks there is absolutely nothing wrong with this--that we're more concerned with BGC being dug out that our own homes? Am I sick or finally getting my priorities straight?

See you tomorrow early. We're bringing the hunting pooch so bolt down the roof. And, for the love of all things holy, hide the pie from Coach!

Calamity

7. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

CalamitySJ, Wally,

Where is the love? I have a Danish nose for god sakes! It can sniff out cherry pie from 3 blocks away. I have some will power you know. After all I didn't break into Wally's house last night.

Should be a great day at Buffalo Gun Club tomorrow. I am looking forward to shooting in calmer conditions with bright sun.

Sounds like you will all have a chance to beat me with the DOG coming along. I know that ploy! It is all about keeping mark distracted so Sally can hammer me into the ground.

Perhaps the dog will have to play fetch with the horseshoe. All that snow should keep her occupied looking for it for some time. Or I could just point out a rooster or two and she would be busy for even longer! Oh yes, life doesn't get much better than shooting trap from an igloo in the snow. See you all there,

Coach

8. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

You forget, my love, that I am your wife and know ALL about your lack of will power. One of the reasons I finally relented to marrying you, frankly.

I just attempted igloo building at the museum and ended up with a big pile of sugar snow. Alas, we will have to build our igloo inside. I bet we have just enough empty Diet Coke cans at home to make this a reality!

Calamity

9. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Dear CalamitySJ,

You win I guess, I will have a slice of cherry pie then! You drive a hard bargain. Don't tell my wife!

Coach

10. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Mr. Hessler,

Thank you for including me in your winning photo--I am not worthy! Of course, I do love how you insisted I got to hold the business end of the trophy........ :> Such a beautiful day, crisp and clear and a balmy 22 degrees.

Jim, you are truly a class act and I look forward to shooting with you again very soon.

CSJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.