1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUFFALO GUN CLUB--ATA EVENT--SATURDAY JAN. 30

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Primedust, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Hey, Since when do you get perfect conditions in MN. in the middle of January? It is supposed to be no wind, under 3 miles and hour, and in the balmy high teens. Bright sunshine and plenty of targets to go around. Sally and I may just see all of you their on Saturday. (I made her promise, no strip trap this time) I will leave the horse shoe home. Come out and join us. Should be a fantastic time.

Primedust
    aka: Coach

2. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

WS,

This Saturday our girl needs a new cello which requires hours of playing different instruments, listening to scales, traveling to string shops, humming and hawing over 'richness', 'depth', 'wolf notes', 'character' and haggling in what little Russian/Ukrainian/Eastern block language I possess. It'll take all day, a full tank of gas, the selling of my right kidney as well as dealing with an already emotionally charged albeit musically gifted teenager with reasoning skills far surpassing my own (way to go, Buffalo High School Varsity Mock Trial!).

Hell, YES, he'll be at BGC on Saturday!

CSJ

3. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Well I guess that says it all! Calamity SJ is right. Although I do wish it was a warmer day, it is far better than trying to learn Russian/Ukrainian in one day, over a Cello. Now if it were a gun....

Yes, I will be out on Saturday and look forward to shooting some oversized targets once again. Although my ability has decreased from just 6 short months ago, my drive is as high or higher than it has been, ever. Something about being away from your sport for 12 weeks that really burns in you.

CalamitySJ will not be a distraction this Saturday. However she has sworn to be "BETTER" on Sunday. What ever that means. God help us all!

Sally can usually do what ever she sets her mind to. Lately, the past few days, that has been MTA shoot card mailings, work, reading about handicap trapshooting, and insurance double indemnity policies.

Guess I better not talk poorly about her shooting for a while? There has been allot of discusion on this summer agenda with us, youth shooting, goals and targets to achieve within a time line. We are gearing up, including, breaking the bank over shot gun shells and motels.

Hope to see you all Saturday. Kooz, Stormin' Norman, Wally, I hope to be up to my game on Sunday. Horse shoe will be at home. Sorry Kooz! Who knew a horseshoe could betray it's finder. Well, I guess it betrayed the horse too. It was found in a field a 1-1/2 miles from any buildings on a farm in Southern MN.

Do you suppose the horse went lame after throwing the shoe like my shooting did last week?. Hummm!

Coach, aka: Primedust

4. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Excuse me, COACH, I won't be a distraction this Saturday? You're talking poorly about my shooting?

While your drive may be higher FOR TRAP I'm thinking another 12 weeks rest in all areas of your life may be necessary.

Good luck Saturday. You're gonna need it. And Saturday's night's supper? Bullheads and rice.

5. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

CalamitySJ, perhaps my choice of words was flawed some? Bullheads I don't mind, but rice, YUK. How about just some buttered bread with those fat yellow bellied fish?

Wow, Irish, Catholic, Canadian born, women can be a hand full!

Our weather man dropped the temp by a few, now predicted to be 13 degrees but still ok in my book. Wind still not a factor. Wood chucks are not a problem right now either, they aren't scheduled back until Tuesday. That fat little guys will see their shadows and dig back into that warm little mound of dirt for another 6 weeks. Only distraction now is the pheasants and Kooz doing his victory dancing! Who knew the guy travels with his own cheer leaders!

Come join me Saturday!
    Primedust

6. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Kooz,

I hope you are still talking to me. What will it cost for a portable
    gun rack with the name WINCHESTER on it. I suppose being is has Winchester
    on it, you wll charge me 3x as much, but would like to know just the same
    Please have a estimate for ma tomorrow at the BGC

Thanks

birddog

7. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Birddog,

It would be my plesure to build you a potabe gun rack. We will talk at the club in the AM

Kooz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.