1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUFFALO GUN CLUB- 50-BIRD JACKPOT EVENT DEC. 21

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalamitySJ, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Wally, so glad you're better and sprung from the hospital. Just so you know, while you were away the mice did play in the gun club but, like I tell my kids, as long as it's not illegal or immoral ENJOY! And enjoy we did, but you're barely notice what we did with the place. Just know we helped get BGC in the Christmas spirit. And just for the record, even though we did not shoot in the freezing rain last Sunday I still beat the Mr., albeit in cribbage but hey, I'll take it!

You have a great day, and no worries. Regardless of the temperature, snow or wind we will be there to shoot this Sunday because we're hoping to 'shoot' a ham for Christmas supper!

2. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Rumor has it he "Sprung" after reading about that doctor with the 9" index finger that Bob Amy reminded him of at the local hospital. He was last seen crawling out the window and sneaking through the parked cars.

Oh. Who beat who, Mrs. Call a mity! Something about truth in advertising is coming up to recollection?

Ham it up Babe, we know who balks at a white target and whom can stay focussed!
    Left up to you we would be eating deer sausage, pheasant and duck for Christmas. Probably get fat and lay around all day. We will see who is "Hamming" it up at the end of the day!

The Mrs. and I want to thank all the "Toys for Tots" donors! This is a very important program for kids whom, without our support, would wake up to nothing or very little on Christmas day!

A heart felt thank you and happy holidays to all our fellow Trap shooting Friends! We thank you for all our blessings this year which have been numerous and wonderful!! Enjoy!!! Hope to see many of our friends on Sunday!!

Mark and Sally Stevens
    Colm, Beth and Patrick Macnab

3. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

It's too true--I flinch at those dang white targets! Was shooting awesome then went to the Blue Bird event at Mound? That white bird flew out and I missed the next 8 straight.

I have, however, had extensive counseling and am prepared for Sunday, Coach. Let's see who brings home the bacon, I mean HAM, this time, eh? I wonder who put that 150 pounds of deer sausage in our freezer this year, hmmmm?

Wally, bring the whistle. You'll need it.

4. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Dear CalamitySJ, Dodging snow balls in the back yard doesn't qualify for "extensive Counseling. Nor does catching powdered sugar donut holes from across the kitchen with your mouth. Now I know what you were up too. Vwery Trwicky! It won't work!

Perhaps the best therapy on your fobia of white targets was dodging those big snow flakes last night in that minature SUV your driving. No wonder you are panicked about seeing white. If I had any windsheild time in that little popcorn burner I would be a wreck too! One snow flake is like a Mack truck head on crash coming.

I would suggest you relax and let the Ham come to you! See a target and shoot it. Do not follow my lead. We don't need two hams! He he!

I wonder if Smitten Smitty will be up for the task this week. I believe the "MRI" is a code word for "My real intensions" and he has been resting on his Laurels waiting to strike at the real meat of the situation! HAM.

Wally is also recuperated, a long rest and some relaxation, and he may be a problem. Pray for wind! ( Or a long tailed rooster on the burm.) It was so much easier when the wood chucks were doing there part.

5. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Coach,

First, I knew that was you throwing those snowballs at me! Way to blame the kids. And next time you decide to have a snowball fight with them, could you please do it outside the truck? It's been two weeks and the upholstery is still sopping.

And second, if I would have driven like I ALWAYS do and not stopped at that stop sign by our house, I would have not been smashed into from the side and therefore not be driving a postage-stamp sized SUV while my big ass Yukon is being fixed. You and your "drive safely, stop at the stop signs" advice.

Let the Ham come to me? I hear you'll be home around 5:30pm as usual. Don't forget to duck.

Love the Mrs.

PS. No more powdered sugar donut holes for you.

6. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Well, snow is getting knee deep on a tall trapshooter out here! Only thing moving are a few destitute pheasants and a whole lot of snow. The Mrs. and I have the itch to break some birds, but hard to do when most of them flew south and the others are securely in the trap houses under tarps. Hopefully, old man winter will get the itch and give us a December christmas present! A thaw would be nice!!!

Sally and I and the whole staff of BGC want to wish all the shooters a very happy and blessed holiday season. Without our fellow shooters and the hard work by the staff we would be less allot of very wonderful friends. (Besides, I would have never met the MRS.) Our circles did not cross. I say a thank you every day for all my trapshooting friends! Thank you Buffalo Gun Club and its members for making my year so bright! WE Look forward to the future!!!

Happy Holidays.
    Mark and Sally Stevens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.