1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Bud's Gun Shop - BEWARE!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Member

Bud

A word of warning about a web gun shop that seems to be very popular now. I made the mistake of ordering some handgun grips from them a few weeks ago because they were a couple bucks cheaper than the usual web dealer I buy from all the time. I made the mistake of not checking Resellers Rating web site first. I just believed all the great recommendations from posters on other forums. They made a mistake in listing square butt S&W grips when I ordered round butt grips. I caught the mistake in 9 minutes from the time I ordered until they sent the autoreply for the order. I sent them an e-mail detailing the mistake but was told they couldn't do anything once the order was shipped. It was shipped in 9 minutes - Are you kidding me. 10% restocking fee, another shipping fee for the correct grips, and I had to pay the return shipping. Their customer service consists of auto reply e-mails and once you do get a live human, they are trained to tell you the same BS. If you look on Resellers Rating, this is a scam they pull many times. It wasn't a lot of money involved, it was the poor, and I do mean poor, customer service that really ticked me off. All I can say is NEVER AGAIN and BUYER BEWARE.

-=BDD=-
  2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

<i>"They made a mistake in listing square butt S&W grips when I ordered round butt grips."</i>

If it was clearly their error in the ad listing, I would return the grips then, if I used a credit card. have the CC company do a chargeback on any restocking fees and shipping. Customers should not take it in the behind for sloppy dealers.

However, if there is error on your part in which you are culpable, then I would chalk it up as being more careful before hitting the final transaction button. In this case customers should acknowledge their mistakes too.

Customer service is another factor, but poor customer service in this case is after the above facts, whichever apply. Liken it to the frosting on the cake.

Myself, I would have cancelled the order entirely and returned the grips, unless they had a statement that they would not accept returns. In that case I would not do business with them in the first place.
  3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

It's not bad mouthing if the company made the mistake and it costs the customer for correcting it. BDD needs to make it clear exactly which party was culpable for what percentage of the error.

I did business with a new company, Joe Bob Outfitters. The very first order I got the wrong magazines. They immediately shipped the correct mags along with a prepaid return waybill for the wrong ones. THAT is customer service and they now have a loyal customer. AND their prices are decent. So the two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

(The person I was replying to deleted his post)
  4. AveragEd

AveragEd Active Member

I had a similar experience with another very popular firm. I ordered a case of one-ounce wads by description, including color, and received another one-ounce wad made by the same company. They blamed the error on me for not using the wad manufacturer's exact name for the wad I wanted even though the two wads in question were vastly different in color. I wound up paying shipping for both the return and the wads I really wanted.

As with BDD, an extreme amount of money was not involved but they didn't earn any customer-service points with me.

Ed
  5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 TS Member

Ordered a Lilja barrel blank last week and was shipped the wrong one. 1 phone call and the right one was on it's way, Fedex picked the return one up the following day. This is how a business suppose to work.
  6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

When the error is caught only 9 minutes later, I fail to se why the company should not correct the issue no matter who made the initial error. Too many companies out there have lost touch of what REAL customer service is. They lost BDD as a customer and Likely me too.
  7. quartering

quartering Active Member

but they were 2 bucks cheaper than the usual web dealer you buy from all the time! anyway, what did bud say? you did speak with bud, didn't you?
  8. JTEA

JTEA Member

Never had a problem with Brownell's or MidwayUSA. Excellent service.

JT
  9. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Quality customer service doesn't cost, it pays. Being straight with your customers is what keeps them coming back and referring your business to other customers. Satisfied customers will return, and will also tell others that they are pleased with your product or service. By the same token, a customer with a legitimate gripe that goes unresolved will cost you business, both theirs and any potential referrals. I do my best to keep customers happy and do not ignore or "blow off" a problem or misunderstanding.

Why is this so difficult for some to understand?
  10. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Wait- you made the error and you expect them to lose money on it?

You said you caught it in 9 mins but you also say- when you finally got to talk to a customer service rep-- how many days was that?

autoreply they dont get

Regards from Iowa

Gene
  11. yakimaman

yakimaman Active Member

I've ordered half a dozen guns from Bud's this year and found their service to be great. I've delt with returns, shipping and a warranty issue that Bud's went completely out of their way to rectify. Your experience is spelled out quite clearly in their order process. Top notch company with great prices - I always look there first.

rm
  12. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

Ditto on Buds great service. I have a gun being shipped right now that I couldn't find anywhere else at a decent price. Never had a problem with them. Their refund/restocking fee warning is big and clear when you place an order. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. Along with Able Ammo in TX they have been great.
  13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

Buds has always been top shelf, must be other issues???
  14. o-hale

o-hale Member

where is Buds Gun Shop ?
  15. Stonge

Stonge TS Member

I live near Buds and have visited and purchased often from them. I have heard some bad complaints although I have never had an issue. I do know they do a lot of internet sales but my retail with them has been great. FWIW John
  16. Stonge

Stonge TS Member

I live near Buds and have visited and purchased often from them. I have heard some bad complaints although I have never had an issue. I do know they do a lot of internet sales but my retail with them has been great. FWIW John
  17. whiz white

whiz white Perazzi Part s& Repair - P/W dealer Staff Member

Had a similar experience with JOEBOBOUTFITTERS in KS.

Ordered in several 22LR magazines for the police department's AR15's. They were using the Chiappa M422LR uppers for training and wanted 4 magazines. So, I ordered in 4 of them but they would not fit the Chiappa uppers.

Returned them and wanted replacements which they told me they did not have. I then simply said process a refund and I'll pay the Priority Mail back, which I did.

Out of the $80 sale they deducted $21.24 and that represented 26% restocking fee - WOW! I filed a dispute with my credit card company.

Funny thing is that at the time I did all this, their site virtually made it impossible to find any mention of refunds. In fact, I ended up corresponding with their website person several times in this regard telling him I couldn't find it. A few days later he emailed me a printout of their "refund policy". It was well hidden in small print at a place like page 4 of their website, and NOT at the link he emailed to me. I told him that link did not work. Yup, I was guilty as hell in not finding their policy. I told the guy that my company's policy is: (1) issue refunds on order errors at no charge (unless it's a special order), and (2) never, ever order from any company that does this to a buyer.

I got a letter from the credit card company stating that JOEBOBOUTFITTER's policy is clearly found at the BESTBUY website. I fired off a letter to VISA and asked what hell BESTBUY had to do with JoeBobOutfitters in Kansas?

I've not received a reply yet from VISA.

Anyhow, NOW it is much easier to see their refund policy, following my episode with them. Evidently they changed a few things probably due to my credit card company's inquiry.

If you've ever dealt with me and even though my invoices show a refund policy charge, I just never feel good about charging anyone for a "restocking" charge unless it was a special order item that does not sell very well. In fact, I'd like to hang the guys who "invented" the words "restocking fee," "Handling Fee", and the necktie... Hang them with a necktie for that matter.

$24.21 sure won't kill me, I'll eat at McDuck's instead of the Golden Phoenix once, but really I just don't like a company who makes money like that.

Whiz White (I may just post this as a thread in and of itself so others know)
  18. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

WHiz White, its not the money its the point of things.
  19. whiz white

whiz white Perazzi Part s& Repair - P/W dealer Staff Member

Actioneer: As I stated above, "but really I just don't like a company who makes money like that."

So it is about HOW the do business, not the money. Thought I made that pretty clear.

WW

Incidentally, I have dealt with Bud's Gun shop on a dealer-to-dealr basis and they did all that I ever expected. I see no problem with them at all!
  20. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Bud's is top notch and easy to deal with. Have never had a problem with them. I have called several times and am always able to talk to a human.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.