1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Budget Fact

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by tomc66, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

If Bill Clinton's budget policy was still in effect, we would have paid off the national debt this year!!! The year prior to Bush, we ran a $150 billion surplus. Bush's first year in office we ran a $240 billion deficit. The yearly deficit climbed each year of his Presidency.

2. Damifino

Damifino Member

I miss a Republican congress too. Thanks for the reminder.

3. tomc66

tomc66 Member

If your theory is correct, then what we need is a Democrat President with a Republican Congress.

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I remember that congress. Boy were they attacked by the liberal media for trying to cut federal programs. The same way Reagan was attacked. Eventually they both gave in. I remember one of the liberal news magazines covers stating how the gringrich stole Christmas. The only way we could ever really attack the debt is to take over the congress and the media. In other words, it will never happen.

5. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

It is especially important, today, to remember this adage;"figures lie, and liars figure.." The devil is certainly in the details, and if you're not completely outraged by both Liberal & Republican America, you're just not paying attention.

IMO,
    Kip

6. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

You don't get elected if you don't promise government spending. American's have the government we deserve. Now the Democrats are adding what will be by far the biggest government program of all. But that is what they promised when they were elected. Americans are stupid.

7. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

I don't believe that all "Americans are stupid" is a fair assessment.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of people didn't have the foresight to ask what "Change" really meant to the people running on that platform.

It would be interesting to have a national election some time where party affiliation could not be mentioned, and the names were listed in a random manner on the ballots. That would confuse a lot of people when they got to the voting booth. They couldn't be told ahead of time to put their x on the top line or the second line.

8. bocephus

bocephus Member

oldremfan, that is exactly how liberal judges get elected now, they portray themselves as conservatives but since you can't ask what party they belong to and they are much better liars than conservatives they win.

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

If Americans weren't stupid they would be marching in the streets at a government that is already in debt trillions of dollars now adding on the biggest new program yet. But Americans are stupid. We are already in debt more than we can ever repay. Where is this new money supposed to come from. You get the government you deserve. Stupid people get a stupid government.

10. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

bocephus, I believe that if I really made the effort I could find out pretty much what I wanted to know about a judge running for office in my area. I also believe that in a general election there may well be enough voters that are coached on where to put their check mark the can swing a close election one way or the other. In the recent elections, an eastern state had a republican running that was also very liberal in her voting record, so that was a loose, loose election until a conservative ran and apparently it still ended up being a lost election.

highfly, people get the government that is elected. I happen to realize it was a new face, with a big smile and a promise of taking away from the wealthy and sharing it with the poor that swung the vote. It is called greed, something for nothing. Even intelligent people get caught in that trap quite often. I once had a good friend tell me he voted for Bill Clinton because he thought inflation would hit like it did under Carter and his retirement would be the great benefactor of the sky high interest rates. Remember almost half of this country did not vote for what we now have. Oh yea, as to where the money will come from you should be hearing the sound of the printing presses shortly after the first of the year, along with the groans and moans when all the new taxes start kicking in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.