1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buddy Shoots, new partner!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dbl Auto, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Grant, my Nephew, is ready for the winter fun games after a few ATA events this summer. He had to pick up a few misses of his Grandpa's this last weekend. He mirrors my Dad's form to perfection and I call the pair of them "me and mini me".

Doug Allison

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

NICE!

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Those will be memories you will cherish forever

4. Robb

Robb Member

Now that's cool.

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Whew!!! I almost didn't open this thread the way I read it.

Fantastic, I have nephews too and they put a lot of fun in my life and keep me young.

6. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

SBE, buddy shoots new partner, I didn't even think about it that way. It may help get some looks!
    Doug Allison

7. shrek

shrek Active Member

that is great

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

That's big fun Doug.

I've got a couple of Nephews that I'd love to get out shooting, but there mothers won't have anything to do with shooting. I'll get them out when they get a little older and are away from home.

The bad thing is that you'll have to break in another here in a few years when this one figures out what the women-folk are all about:)

ss

9. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

Buddy shoots are great and its good to see a young shooter being introduced to the fun games, especially with Grandpa. They make a good team.

I've been collecting reports of "buddy shoots" also called "protection races" and "recovery matches."

It was reported in 1911 that a shooter named "Harry B. Cook, of Atlantic City, was one of the originators of the protection race, which was hatched out at the Atlantic City (N.J.) Gun Club." Most of the early shoots were conducted at gun clubs in the South Jersey and Philadelphia area.

Second ATA President George S. McCarty partnered up and shot protection in 1912 and "John Philip Sousa, the bandmaster-sportsman, left some pleasing impressions in the minds of the Philadelphians on his recent visit. At the Keystone shoot he won the Handicap championship with 46 out of 50, from the leading shots of the East. On Saturday he visited the Camden Shooting Association (N.J.) and made the only straight score in the protection race.

Just a little history of the event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.