1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bud shoot out

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by windyflat, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windyflat

windyflat Member

Ok guys who's your pick for the second half?
    I'm picking either Kurt or Kyle.
    I don't like either one but both of um are hungry for a win.

Tom

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Kyle won it.

Say what you want but he did two fantastic pieces of driving when he was spun and saved it. I was still hoping for Tony but had a funny feeling at the last half lap.

3. windyflat

windyflat Member

Kyle can drive the wheels off that car! I was a fan of Sr when it was'nt cool to be a "3" fan and i'm starting to like Kyle!!!!.
    Sorry Jr fans but this kid gets it done!

Tom

4. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

You do know that Kirt was voted one of the ten most hated atheletes in American for 2012 by Forbes mag.?

5. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I don't care how hated he is. That was some driving he did tonight.

Jerbear

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Rowdy is a wheel man! NASCAR has given the idiot fans what they want. CRASHFEST. I prefere the two car scerino over the wrecks of last night. Bumpin is racing but destroying race cars is not something I enjoy watching. Jake

7. windyflat

windyflat Member

I did suck seeing a bunch of good cars wreck but I always enjoy seeing someone win with a torn up car.

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Sprint car racing - that's REAL sprint cars, not the NAPCAR Sprint Cup variety - is headed in the same direction. The fans say they want parity in sprint car racing to give the "low-buck" teams an equal chance of winning, so we have rules that look like something NAPCAR cooked up - wings have to be the same size and shape, everybody uses the same tires, "window" openings in the body panels have to be the same size, they all have to have almost identical wheelbases, certain cylinder heads cannot be used and on and on. There's even a rule stating how the hood must be shaped. When all the cars on the track are so identical, you get pack racing and big wrecks. Tandem racing is boring; so is pack racing until the inevitable crashes happen - then it gets stupid expensive for car owners and even more dangerous for drivers.

Racing isn't youth soccer - everyone doesn't get a trophy and there always will be someone with more money who can buy the latest speed ingredient until the sanctioning body makes it illegal because everybody doesn't have it. These rule packages are taking the ingenuity and creativity out of racing because as soon as you think outside the box for an instant, you get penalized just for having it. I'm no Jimmie Johnson fan but I think Chad Knaus is going to get a raw deal from NAPCAR.

Remember the days of "run whatcha brung" racing? When the auto manufacturers came out with new body styles that were better than someone else's or engines that were more powerful? When crew chiefs could be inventive and still stay within those almighty templates? You made your own good luck back then instead of depending upon someone else's bad luck.

Ed

9. likes-to-shoot

Ed.....I agree that dirt racing is real racing but I prefer the Modifieds and then Stock cars with Late Models in 3rd place. You know the saying "Dirt is for racing, Asphalt is for getting there". NASCAR is enjoyed by many including Sprint car drivers who want to break into the field.

By the way Kyle did some fantastic driving last night regardless of how you feel about it. Or is it we should do away with NASCAR because you personally don't like it and if you don't like it no one else should?

Bill

10. letts

letts TS Member

Did someone say demolition derby?

11. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

It was kinda nice to see the 24 car on its roof.

12. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

Now all we need is Jimmy Spencer making a comeback!

13. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Dirt is for farming not racing.

14. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Used to be a pretty big fan of NASCAR, but after Dale SRs. misfortune and the mandated changes (I have no problem with safety equipment--harness' etc.) they pretty well lost me. This is the 1st time I've heard it called NA"P"CAR but that does describe it fairly well, as I said I don't watch it much anymore. The way the France clan has dictated things the incentive for the factory or crews to try to come up with a better product or method has been put down real bad. If you want real racing let (get) them find a better way, I think this would eliminate the pack problem, this cookie cutter stuff we have now just begs for multi-car wrecks because nobody can get out of anybody else' way. This is not to say that they need to go any faster but if they can find a way to get better traction--better fuel economy(=less pit stops)--better braking--better cooling etc. just think if you could eliminate just "one" 16 second pit stop for your team, wouldn't that put your team 16 seconds out in front? Too many races are won by one second or less nowadays. JMO-- Ross Puls

15. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Kyle may have displayed the all around best driving last night that I have ever seen. All of these wrecks and yet today the drivers said they had fun. Huh?

blade819

16. likes-to-shoot

Kyle is one helluva driver but a lot of people don't like him because they think he drives dirty. No one will ever drive as dirty as Dale Sr. and get away with it like he did. The drivers are like poster on this thread, we are all different in our personalities.

By the way my all time favorite is Harry Gant, #33 Skoal Bandit!!!

17. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I don't dislike NAPCAR - I dislike their rules package that dictates that all cars should be identical. I actually like to watch some of the races on non-plate tracks but if it becomes follow-the-leader, I change channels.

I've had the pleasure of meeting and spending some time around Kyle Busch on the two occasions in the past couple of years when he drove a dirt late model at Williams Grove Speedway, where I am the sprint car and late model technical inspector. He's actually a nice guy and demonstrated none of the tempter-tantrum stuff he has a reputation for.

NAPCAR started to lose me when we got V6 front-drive sedans masquerading as V8 rear-drive coupes. Those aren't "stock" cars. The Car Of Tomorrow left me even less enthused. Now the blatant controls on performance - you might as well put governors on them. I fondly remember such things as the Hemi, the Plymouth Superbird and Dodge Charger Daytona and the Monte Carlo Aerocoupe. You couldn't begin to get one of those into NAPCAR's technical inspection area these days.

I see the same things coming into sprint car racing and don't like it. The World of Outlaws pretty much dictates what goes on in winged sprint car racing and they want everyone in the same equipment, just like NAPCAR. And we're getting more and more follow-the-leader racing as a result.

Ed

18. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

It was a fun event but the racing sucked. Way to many wrecks, looked like a bomber race at Aubundale Speedway.

But, I do beleive they all learned that with the new car you can not bump draft in the corners any more.

It also looked like the closing speed has increased a lot when you pull out.

Anyway, you are either a Nascar car fan or not, I am one. Do I agree with evrything, hell know, but it is not my company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.