1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bucks County Updates

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by det131, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. det131

det131 Member

Sunday 07/01/2012

Being the first Sunday of the month there will be a 3D shoot in the early am. Trapshooting will not begin until the archer's are clear of the downrange area, usually by 11:30 or sooner.

Tuesday 07/03/12

Fifty singles $10.00. Sausage pack to top three lewis, your choice, sweet or hot

Green bird each squad. Break it, your choice sausage or free round.

Big fifty’s available

Trap member discounts will be honored as will coupons given out at PA state shoot.

Free rounds will be redeemable at a future date.

The regularly scheduled Tuesday program begins at noon.

Jim

Bucks County Fish & Game

1745 Turk Rd.

Doylestown, PA 18901

2. Rebster

Rebster TS Member

Sounds great ( as usual) can't wait to be there.

3. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Open Practice all weekend, other than the 3D shoot ??

4. det131

det131 Member

Need 2 shoot:

Trap is open to the public on Saturdays 10 - 4, Sundays 11 - 4, Tuesdays 12 - 4

Practice / ATA / Singles, Doubles, Hcp

We are staying open on Tuesdays until 7:00 till the waning daylight in the fall forces us to stop.

The 3D archers sometimes delay our normal opening on the first Sunday when they are having a formal shoot as they are this weekend. Usually not more than half an hour.

Jim

5. William681

William681 Member

Hey Bro,

Wish I could be up to enjoy your sweltering heat.

High of 85 here today with a 10-knot ocean breeze, who said the South is too hot, just need the right location.

My casual trap shoots are doing well, 30 rounds last Sat. and enough signed up for July shoot to have 40 rounds.

Cost of targets is eating into my margin, up $4.00 per 135 since Jan. , thats is a 46% increase.

Maybe Obamacare would cover trapshooting as a theraputic stress reliver???

Sorry I am missing the "meat" shoots, You are giving out sausage, but I know for a fact you are a "Hot Dog" shooter.

Bill

PS...You can't take the XT with you, and I know you need room in the safe.
    Be happy to help out. :)

6. det131

det131 Member

Bill:

It is a little warm out. Ordered this heat special so shooters can acclimate to the heat in anticipaion of the Grand since that always seems to be an issue on other threads. Storms missed us last night, better chance this evening.

If I were to take that XT out of the safe I'm afraid some of the others may suffer from seperation anxiety and start missing targets.

About half done making hay at the farm. Don't think we cut any fawns. One did go bounding away from the haybine. Only one seen thus far.

Not even going to get into the cost of targets. Will be placing an order for a trailer load in a couple of weeks. Hope to be able to maintain current pricing. We ate the last two increases will do the same again if we can still cover costs.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.