1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BUCKS COUNTY 10/16 10/17 THANKS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by det131, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. det131

det131 Member

Just wanted to take a minute and offer a heartfelt thanks to all the shooters who participated in the, “Shoot for the Cure,” today. We are well on our way to topping last year’s donation of $1,500.00 to the Fox Chase Cancer Center.

The handicap program will start tomorrow (11/17/10) at 11:00AM. ATA singles, doubles, and practice will also be available. The progressive mid 50 handicap program will be available. Guaranteed minimum purse is $50.00.

There was some impressive shooting today in spite of the rather gusty winds. The Wobble Challenge was a blast. That will also be available tomorrow.

Dan it was a pleasure meeting and shooting with a fellow TS.COM’er.

Thanks again from all of us at Bucks County Fish and Game

Jim, Charles, and Frank

BCF&G

1745 Turk Rd.

Doylestown, PA 18901

2. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Me and some friends met there ,,us from NY and Rich and his buddy from Pa,,, so there were more than a few T/S dot commers there,,,thanks for the Hopatialaty,,,,,Bill Goscinski AKA 682Liny

3. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Bill I hope your ride home was a safe one. As usual shooting with you was a pleasure. How did you do in doubles

4. det131

det131 Member

Bill:

I can answer that question

You are D class doubles champion

Beautiful day here at BCF&G today

Jim

5. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

Jim and the folks who ran the shoot and organized the program.

Saturday was the most fun I had standing up in years.
    I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had!!! The wind made every shot a new experience.
    When you can shoot doubles for the first time in 20 years with 40 year old gun in a 25 mph wind and wind up with a 78, whats left to say. Frank even commented on the big smile on my face.

Thans again for a great day at a great club.
    Dan Gill

ps Jim, thanks for shooting the wobble event with me so I was not alone!

6. det131

det131 Member

Dan:

The pleasure was all ours. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed meeting you, sharing some conversation, and not so few laughs as those targets tried to get the best of us. Got to tell you I felt like I owned those wobble targets until we got back to the 25. I don't think I was even in the same zip code with them after that.

Bill:

Although we did not get much of a chance to talk I really appreciate the effort you made to travel down here to shoot with us again.

Bill and a fellow firefighter made a special effort to join us for our Heroes Scholarship Shoot last spring and he was back again to help support us in this endeavor.

Thanks to all the special Bill and Dan's that are part of the shooting fraternity because of you we raised $2,600.00 for research at the Fox Chase Cancer Center. Our families that have been so devastated by this terrible disease are sincerely grateful to you all.

I will get the shoot results posted on Tuesday. Seems my wife feels I have been neglecting the dog and she sent us off to chase grouse for the day. So after finishing up at the club, dinner, and a three hour ride to Sullivan County, PA , Tucker and I will spend the day together in the woods tomorrow. Ain't life grand.

In the spring we will once again host the Heroes Scholarship Shoot to benefit the children of our Police, Fire, and Emergency Service personnel that have given their all in service to their community.

May all of you find a reason to smile at least once every day.

Jim

7. 682LINY

682LINY Member

The pleasure was ours,, all for a good cause and any reason too get out of NY for the day,,, Bill and Dan

8. det131

det131 Member

Back from yesterdays adventure. Dog is happy and smiling.

BUCKS COUNTY FISH & GAME ASSOCIATION

"SHOOT FOR THE CURE" OCTOBER 16, 17, 2010

SINGLES:

Champion: R. Muschlitz 97; "A": R. Brunell 96; "B" B. Paterson 96; "C" R. Hildenbrandt 95; "D" E. Schorn 91

DOUBLES:

Champion: B. Paterson 86; "B" D. Gill 77; "C" J. Boston 82; "D" B. Goscinski 79

HANDICAP:

Champion: B. Paterson 90 (22); RU: E. Schorn 89 (22.5); 3rd: J. Boston 89 (20.5); 4th: V. McGlynn 86 (21)

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.