1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bucks CO F&G did it RIGHT!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jack L. Smith, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Last Saturday, Bucks CO F&G in PA hosted a friendly competition between two High School trap squads. Jim Boston arranged the details and did a great job.

Bucks CO 4H shot against The Haverford School trap club. Each team ranged in age from 14 to 18. Two 5 student teams shot two squads, and the winner would be the team with the most total targets hit.

The (windy) day started with a welcome and introduction by Jim of Bucks co and a brief safety talk. Each team shook hands, the the event began.

The birds were challanging and there was a 30 MPH circling wind. On both teams, shooters struggled to get into the 20's under those conditions, and the average score was mid teens.

At the end of the 50 bird event, The visiting Haverford School squeeked out a victory by the narrowest of margins......winning by just one bird! Five shooters, two squads, one target difference. Can it get any better than that? Yes, each target does count.

From what I saw, all the student competitors handled themselves as sportspersons and had a great time. We also shot a progrssive protection squad where some dad's joined in, and many competitors ended up back at 28 before it was won by a talented young Bucks Co. 4H duo.

We would like to thank Jim and the Bucks Co F&G for their hospitality and friendless, to invite us up and host this event.

I would also like to thank TS.com for being the forum for bringing this event together over the last few months. Other clubs have responded and hopefully, more events can be planned over the summer or next fall. The first one was a big success for all.

Thanks Again Jim and Bucks CO! Keep youth trapshooting alive.

JS in PA
  2. det131

det131 Member

Mar 25, 2009

It was our pleasure to have you here. I have forwarded to Robert a certificate (suitable for framing) for your young champion and also one that you can display at the school.

I really enjoyed the day. Sometimes the most fun is had when the targets are the most challenging. Given the conditions I did not expect to see anyone still standing at the 28. There were some extremely fine shots executed from the back fence.

Thank all the team members for sharing their day with us.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    we need more clubs doing these things
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.