1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bucks Are Getting Ready

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Earlier this week the two little bucks had velvet on their racks. I just saw them this morning and all the velvet is gone. They are still trying to shine them up. The does are watching them as they do so. Winter is coming and so is deer season.

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Winter is coming soon. The squirrels have been gathering my acorns(the good ones not political ones) ,the leaves are falling from my big Oak and the nights are cooler. I would bet we get some early flurries,maybe the first week of Oct. Bulge.

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Bow season opens here Tomorrow. It's in the mid 50's here this morning and love it. We've had the hottest summer here I've ever seen so we're glad to see the cooler weather. I plan to climb for a little while tomorrow. Jackie B.

4. Auctioneer

After I posted this I saw both of them attack a bush each. It was fun to watch them polish their racks and straighten their necks for the up coming rut. Both bushes are half of what they use to be. LOL

5. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Here in the west deer season started 2 weeks ago and we have got a couple of nice sized ones hanging around.

6. Auctioneer

Hanging around? Is that hanging in the barn or walking around the woods?

If its hanging in the barn we would like to see pic's.

7. raziz

raziz TS Member

getting ready too in the east
    [​IMG]

8. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Munching on some corn, drinking in the cow pond, "hanging around", doing what bucks and does do round the ranch...

9. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I can hear the crows in the morning.

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

This was the first picture ever taken with my camera, two years ago. The farmer has corn in this field again this year, which is next to my house. I can only hope he, or something similar is around this year. This is about 150 yds behind the house.
    [​IMG]

11. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

We hope this one stays around a few more weeks. Date on camera is wrong, the boys don't fiddle with the date. Picture taken about 3 weeks ago.
    [​IMG]

12. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Season opened in KY Sept 3 . The first buck that came in for mounting was full velvet and rough scored gross 186. The next buck came in on Sept 7 and all velvet was gone and was in a pinkish color, it scored 145 2/8. thanks Ronnie

13. Auctioneer

14. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

That's some fine bucks. Never saw one like that when I had a gun or bow in hand. Didn't see anything this morning but will try again. Jackie B.

15. Auctioneer

When I had my friends at my farm hunting the first week, we were going in the woods to start our evening hunt. As we were going up a hill in the back of the truck we in the back and I looked behind us and just then a HUGE RACK AND BODY deer crossed the road. I looked at the others and asked " Did you see that"? They said yes. It was a deer that we only saw that one time. I know he was there all the time but he was a smart old deer. They are there but you just don't see them.

16. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Here's one from a bow hunting pal's trail cam. He's looking forward to Oct. 1st here in Illnois.

[​IMG]

Terry

17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

My son and i have been bow hunting for this particular buck for several years now. He is not all that impressive points or tine length wise but he has mass out of this world. These sheds are from the buck two years ago. We did not see him at all last year. My son believes he saw him two weeks ago. We think he is a very old buck on the downswing. His chest is very grey and sagging and he moves slow. Their racks typically get smaller but much heavier as they get old. I have had him no closer than 75yds with a bow. Good luck to everyone this year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Here's a couple fat young bucks in my back yard at noon two days before opening rifle season Nov. last year near Phila Pa. Chased them away taking pics from about thirty feet, and a half hour later they were back in the same spot for the rest of the day. Been seeing a big one a lot in the neighborhood still in felt that looks kind of like the one posted above by ShootinSue.
    [​IMG]

19. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Here's another from the same area.

Terry

[​IMG]

20. team henges

team henges TS Member

[​IMG]
    hope this guy sticks around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.