1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Buckeye Classic lewis class pay out

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I just recieved the Cardinal Center Buckeye Classic Program.

I was told last year that all Cardinal Center Lewis class payouts were going to be 50-30-20, but the programs say something else.

Event #1 thru 9 are all 3 classes 60/40

Events #10 thru 12 are all 50-30-20

Why?

I will not name names but that was a good source, so who had it changed?

I was also told that all Ohio State Lewis classes would be 50-30-20, so I will have to wait and see if that pans out.

We are either going to support the new shooters or fatten the pockets of the top dogs.

Which is it going to be?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Can it be there is trouble in Paradise

3. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I just checked the payouts on rjstuart.com from the 2010 events at the Cardinal center. The Buckeye was the exact same system that you report is in the program for 2011, no changes. 1-9 events 3 classes, 2 places then 10-12 3 classes 3 places. According to rjstuart the Ohio State shoot had 3 classes and 3 places for all events. The Cardinal Classic followed the Buckeye Classic lewis system. These two "other" shoots are bigger than most state events and I would agree that 3 places in each class might encourage more to gamble.
    Doug Allison

4. monroesc

monroesc Member

"Trouble in Paradise" Most certainly not. The Cardinal Center/Fishburn's and OSTA get along great. Even though these 3 shoots are held at the same location they are run by two different managements. The directors of the OSTA set the program for the state shoot and the Cardinal Center Management sets the program for the Buckeye and Classic Shoots.

Sara Dean
    OSTA Director

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Gary, You have 2 options...play the lewis, or don't play the lewis. It's a gamble anyway, unless you can break them all.

6. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

As awesome as Gary is, I would think he would prefer the 2 class payout! By the way Gary, the big money is in the jackpot purse but of course you know that since you have been fleecing us chumps for most of your storied career! Tom Rhoads

7. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Unless you are a life member and can prove your a life member to the burpees seed catalog DO NOT reply to this thread. You have no use per the Drs credentials. I pn the other hand have a free pass to Deja Vue so can reply at will.
    Chris

8. Sam M

Sam M TS Member

Ok, let me get this straight. The program states how the lewis is paid out, and it was paid out this way last year. What are the chances that the rocket scientist just "heard wrong" from his "good source"?

9. over/under

over/under Member

If you don't like the option don't play it.

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

If your concerned about "fattening the pockets" of the big dogs, don't play. You have admitted in your own statement of protest that they will most likely be taking the top money, hence your concern. Well it ain't gonna matter much which way its done at the top in singles and doubles and a slim chance in handicap on most days.

Study the content matter, then reply!

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I just like to see the average shooter get some money back, and play the option and stay in the ATA for a few years at least.

Sara Dean you said it so right, I have noticed this also, that was why I started the post.

There are those that want shoot attendance and those that just want to line pockets.

I prefer the ones that want to get shooters and try to keep them, I will only play 3 place lewis classes.

I do not understand their logic.

If you are a good shooter the Great Eastern Purse is the one to play. It pays the top 6 scores and it is not Hi-Gun.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.